Iktome Plains My friends all drive Porsches I must make amends
Moontide
NPC
the seal's shadow
121 Posts
Ooc — orion
Taggak did indeed wish to be looked on favourably by Dwin. She was fun and easy to talk to, and held some mystery that he wouldn't mind unravelling at some point down the line. Provided they would meet again, that is.

"Have you heard the tale of the raven and the whale?" A laugh at her jab at muses - though he knew not what such things were - before he came to settle in a more comfortable position on the sand. "My father told us this story once when we journeyed to the sea ice for my brother's seal hunt."

"Long before you and I were born, the Earth was made of water. Then, Raven created land from the beat of his wings. He was curious and decided to remain on Earth, until one day, he was out swimming and saw a large whale. Raven wondered what the belly of the whale looked like from the inside, so when the whale yawned, he swam right into its mouth."

"It grew dark as the whale's mouth closed behind him and Raven ventured deeper inside. From somewhere ahead, he heard the sounds of distant thunder. He walked until he came to the center of the whale's belly and saw a beautiful girl dancing. Tied to her legs were strings that stretched the heart of the whale. Raven wished for her to come into the outside world so he could marry her, but the girl refused. She was the heart and soul of the whale, after all."

"Displeased, Raven waited until the girl slowed her dancing and fell asleep. He grabbed the girl, hearing the strings snap as he flew into the sky with her. Looking down, he saw the whale thrash and eventually wash ashore, unmoving. It was dead, and the girl grew smaller and smaller in his arms until she eventually disappeared. Raven was so sad that he spent weeks beside the whale's body crying, and crying. Then, he danced and sang until his heart was soothed before he flew back into the sky."

"After that day, Raven realised that every living thing has a heart and a soul. It's said that his tears were the first tears, and his dance and song were the first seen heard by the animals of the land."

When he finished, Taggak felt his own soul at peace. He looked to Dwin; what did she think?

i got a little carried away, sorry! based on this lovely story
Messages In This Thread
RE: My friends all drive Porsches I must make amends - by Taggak - May 24, 2024, 12:05 PM