Ocean's Breath Plateau augli
Moontide
Trader
62 Posts
Ooc — Twin
All Welcome 
the sickness got worse.
red leaf slept for many days, and each time she woke, she felt swallowed by unfathomable heat that consumed her mind and body; the flames licked at her stomach, her veins. she ate little. she saw the sun less and less. cen was still gone.
and now there was a touch of scarlet in her cough.
the threat of her own mortality hung over her shoulders, and the terror this caused her was her every waking thought; but not for herself. instead, it was for brave one.
what would his life without her look like, with cen still refusing to even so much as give their boy a glance? who would cast his leg? who would sing to him? who would kiss him? who would — who would love him?
red leaf shuffles as close as she can to the mouth of her den, sunlight glittering upon the gravel. in front of her lies thread made from shreds of plainsgrass, a seastone, and two caribou teeth. she next reaches down to her hind and yanks a tuft of flaxen fur, binding it together in a clump with saliva; she notices it is tinged with pink and tries not to allow the tears to spill down her cheeks.
she turns to @Ghelan and whispers to him in valley tongue, glassy eyes glinting with feathersoft love; come, look, my boy. i'm going to make something that i think you'll like.
Messages In This Thread
augli - by Red Leaf - May 24, 2024, 06:35 PM
RE: augli - by Ghelan - May 24, 2024, 07:31 PM
RE: augli - by Red Leaf - May 24, 2024, 09:40 PM
RE: augli - by Ghelan - May 25, 2024, 09:39 PM