Duck Lake [m]Being born in a duck yard does not matter if hatched from a swan's egg
Hushed Willows
174 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
His laugh like an angel’s chorus, and if this had been any other time before, she would have felt uncertainty, the poisoned touch of rejection, yet the music in it was too pure, too beautiful to cause such doubt.

Only you. 

Two simple words. 

Two words she thought she never expected to hear; not from Reverie, and for some time, certainly not from Everett. But, they left his lips, and the truth in them rang all around her. 

He had chosen her.

The double meaning had not escaped her and it did not trouble her in the slightest. She understood; how could she not? She had just revealed something that would send anyone reeling, and it involved his sister—his own flesh and blood. It was a confusing place for those who did not understand and she would never fault anyone for it. But, she could, at the very least, reassure him. However often in however many ways he needed, she would do this.

Because she loved him.

She pressed her crown to his, resting there to breathe in the scent of him, her words exhaling on a deep sigh. 

“Only you.”

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.