Wheeling Gull Isle Still you give yourself away
Loner
His Reverence
150 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
John saw the littler tears stinging Simeon’s eyes, and John felt it too. 

He listen, to all that Simeon had to say. His grandmother Towhee, who John had only met once, and not even formally, and what really surprised him was to heard Dinah’s name. He nodded in acknowledgment of what Simeon had been saying. He thought of how happy Heda would be to know of her children alive and well. But, his eyes widened, and not just because of who had come here, but because of what Simeon had requested. 

“I want you to baptize me.” Is what Simeon had asked. To be baptized is a special moment, and he remembered back when his father baptized him, with his mother there to help dry his fur. Tears had trickled to the corners of John ocean eyes, and his words were gentle, filled with honor as he said “Of course. It would be an honor. We shall prepare you, we will pray. Do not let the fear take you, for this is a rite, to dedicate yourself to our Father, to the Son.”

John motioned for Simeon to come, and they would seek out the shore on this golden morning for the Baptism of a God revering boy.

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)
By the witness of the martyrs
By the passion and the blood
God has raised you out of darkness
I have bought your soul for God

{Bishop Myriel, Les Miserables}
(Most Thread titles borrowed from various gospel songs)
Messages In This Thread
Still you give yourself away - by John - June 05, 2024, 11:18 PM
RE: Still you give yourself away - by Simeon - June 06, 2024, 02:50 PM
RE: Still you give yourself away - by John - June 06, 2024, 05:06 PM
RE: Still you give yourself away - by Simeon - June 06, 2024, 05:53 PM
RE: Still you give yourself away - by John - June 06, 2024, 09:42 PM
RE: Still you give yourself away - by Simeon - June 07, 2024, 12:04 PM
RE: Still you give yourself away - by John - June 07, 2024, 01:49 PM
RE: Still you give yourself away - by Simeon - June 08, 2024, 09:22 AM
RE: Still you give yourself away - by John - June 09, 2024, 10:34 PM