Ocean's Breath Plateau sky riders
Moontide
NPC
70 Posts
Ooc — Twin
no, baby. it's not because of you.
weary red eyes turn back upon her son, heart cinched in her chest; oh, he was too young to be thinking and wondering these things. too young to know the truth.
but perhaps he was already aware of it, in some way — and maybe it was on her for not telling him.
aapa... before he met me, he had a different wife. and he also had a son, your older brother. his name was ghaden. ghaden's aaka died a little while after he was born, and aapa was raising ghaden alone. which is how he and i met.
i helped him to not feel so sad about ghaden's aaka. and then we got married. but then-- something happened to ghaden; th-there was an accident, and he-- we lost him, too. our villages were very upset, and so aapa and i went a long way from our home, so i could have you someplace safer. but-- aapa never really stopped missing ghaden. losing him made him feel very sad, and angry, and-- he started to do and say a lot of things that were very, very mean.
the last time i saw him, he had done something very, very bad, and-- it was why i got so sick. and then he... he just left. he left me t-to die. but it's not your fault, brave one, she reaches for him, one arm opened as if to invite him close to her. i-i blame myself, but i don't-- i'm starting to think it's not my fault either.
Messages In This Thread
sky riders - by Brave One - June 25, 2024, 07:20 PM
RE: sky riders - by Red Leaf - June 25, 2024, 07:54 PM
RE: sky riders - by Brave One - June 25, 2024, 08:09 PM
RE: sky riders - by Red Leaf - June 25, 2024, 09:16 PM
RE: sky riders - by Brave One - June 27, 2024, 07:28 PM
RE: sky riders - by Red Leaf - July 01, 2024, 01:42 PM
RE: sky riders - by Brave One - July 02, 2024, 12:31 PM
RE: sky riders - by Red Leaf - July 04, 2024, 02:00 PM