Emberflame Ridge Hollow's Lantern
Loner
His Reverence
150 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
The journey over and across the mountains was a hard one. The sun laid on their back the whole way, as soon as they began their ascent. Around them were corvids, their cries haunting, the ground hard on a wolf’s soft paw pads, John’s were especially sore. Conversation was sparse between the two men, but yet the silence opened up an awareness, with John’s ears swiveling at each sounds, from the birds on high, to the crumbling pebbles of the mountain the climbed.

Judah was itching himself, ripping out chucks of fur, and although John wasn’t a petty man, the itching and biting had become annoying. He let out a sigh, “When I traveled to the island, I went around these mountains. Although I did have to cross a swamp, and that wasn’t pleasant.” 

John then stopped, to take break, to breathe, even though the air was muggy and hardly breathable. His panting had become quicker,  in an effort to cool himself. “I just need a few minutes, Judah. It wouldn’t hurt for you to take a brief break too.”

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)
By the witness of the martyrs
By the passion and the blood
God has raised you out of darkness
I have bought your soul for God

{Bishop Myriel, Les Miserables}
(Most Thread titles borrowed from various gospel songs)
Messages In This Thread
Hollow's Lantern - by Judah - August 18, 2024, 05:11 PM
RE: Hollow's Lantern - by John - August 19, 2024, 02:03 PM
RE: Hollow's Lantern - by Judah - August 19, 2024, 05:22 PM
RE: Hollow's Lantern - by John - August 24, 2024, 01:55 AM
RE: Hollow's Lantern - by Judah - August 24, 2024, 03:13 PM
RE: Hollow's Lantern - by John - August 27, 2024, 10:55 PM