Sea Lion Shores From my mouth I could sing you another brick that I laid
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
OOC: This went a weird direction~

IC: Perhaps it was simply speaking of Atka, or perhaps it was something to do with Pied herself, but Jinx was... Remembering things. Not exactly as she had seen them in the vision — the black bear had been consuming the white bear in the vision, but she had a blank hole in her memory where that had been — but something reminiscent: a black bear huddled over a white bear, triumphant but not savage. Sos conquering Atka, or else... Concerned for her well-being, which would not be like her god. She frowned thoughtfully, seemingly lost in her memories, but she was broken out of it by the emerging fins on the water.

Pied had seen them too, and both wolves watched in silence as one of the whales beached itself, caught a sea lion with a speed that didn't befit a creature so large and awkward looking, and writhed its way back out to sea. "I do not know what they are," Jinx admitted when Pied glanced at her. "My mother told me once they sometimes get stuck doing that. They could probably feed a pack for weeks." The sea lions themselves were fair-sized animals, and it had looked like nothing but a snack in the jaws of the sleek sea monster.

Returning to the former question, Jinx returned to her thoughts, weighing them carefully before answering. "The bastardization of Her worship, I believe" she decided, feeling some sort of clarity coming to her despite being unable to interpret it wholly yet. "There are those who treat Atka as a component of the Light, rather than embodying it wholly, as She truly does. Sos' worshippers do not treat Him as a component; Atka's influence is weaker here than His because She is not worshipped like He is. Hers is stronger where I come from, where they worship appropriately." Akhlut was one such wolf that believed Atka was not the Light alone — this knowledge had been obtained via meeting with him, but it was with somewhat otherworldly certainty (or, rather, very sudden belief) that she claimed it to be weakening her.

"When I left," she said, her jaw tightening at having to bring it up at all, "it was for a vision. That vision was about Bon Dye's supremacy... And Sos'. I believe it was a warning that imbalance has occurred once more. Maybe She means for you to right it by naming your child in tribute to Her." The imbalance didn't change the fact that Jinx was a Child of Sos, and only acknowledged Atka as "the other god" rather than her own immediate deity, but perhaps it would strengthen Pied's resolve to name her daughter after the dream. Perhaps Jinx would not be so inclined to snatch up and devour that daughter after all.

"As for Hawkeye," she clarified, remembering Pied had mentioned it before, "she seems to have strong spiritual prowess, but she does not control it. A loa attends her, but she thinks it is Sos Himself. It may as well be, if He manifested it." There was no telling what the loa wanted, or whether it was Sos', but since Hawkeye was the one hearing it, and Hawkeye was certain it was Sos, Jinx could do nothing but at least tentatively believe her, in part. "I fear her faith in it may endanger her. A loa can take a body if they can overcome the soul. If Sos sent one to whisper to her His words, or worse, if it is a lesser loa falsely misleading her, then it may not necessarily be for good." So rather than explaining that they did not expressly meet up to have religious chanting circles and totem date nights, she simply rolled her shoulders and said, "It is my duty to show her how to prevent that from happening."
Messages In This Thread
RE: From my mouth I could sing you another brick that I laid - by Jinx - January 08, 2014, 08:39 PM