Sea Lion Shores From my mouth I could sing you another brick that I laid
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
<style type="text/css">q {font:13px Georgia; color:#BA6D00;}</style>OOC: This is interesting 'cause it'd make more sense for it to be a ghost than a loa on the one hand, but on the other Jinx is kind of stupid and thinks her belief is the only reality there is. >_>

IC: Her chest expanded with deep breath as she peered back out at the pod of whales, not quite hearing what Pied had said, but deciding it wasn't anything she really needed to know. Disinterest had become a blanket in this situation; she had chosen to stalk the Omicron here, knowing what she was potentially getting into, and never once had considered turning back. She hadn't come to tread on Pied's emotions or pride or security, but nonetheless, when the female suddenly vomited out a secret that had not once ever come up between them or come up by Hawkeye's word, she felt she had been unsuccessful at avoiding doing so.

The shift in mood made her lay her ears back, not apologetically but with a level of uncertainty and wariness. An ambivalent expression was not required so far as she was concerned, so she kept her mouth very slightly parted only to filter scent and in the event such an expression was needed (bearing gums and tongue in hopes of avoiding an altercation using threat would not necessarily help here), but there was a stiffening that suggested she had noted the shift. She didn't know for sure whether Pied pointing out that Jinx was not the only subject on the supernatural was some sort of insecurity or jealousy or what, but she immediately assumed it was, being biased toward herself.

Nevertheless it was interesting that Pied could see ghosts, but nothing special. Jinx might have been surprised and awed if she hadn't encountered it before, but... My brother could also see dead people, she commented, choosing to speak of that rather than Pied's supposed equivalent expertise on all things paranormal, though she was careful not to let her unimpressed feelings leach into her tone; she wanted it to seem like common ground rather than one-upping, since nobody had ever really believed Vex after all. He was always saying my dead dad talked to him. He went crazy and ran away, she silently added, but for once didn't say aloud. Jinx truly was not an expert of paranormal anything, since she didn't entirely acknowledge ghosts as anything more than wispy remains of ancestors who held no power, and therefore knew little about them... But she was simply too weary to dispute it directly. She was an expert on her faith, but not ghosts.

Instead, she shrugged and said, perhaps it would be best if you ask Hawkeye why she believes it is related to Sos, and why she thinks it sends her to me. Ghosts have no connection to Him, except that He is Lord of their spirit realm. It was clear enough that Jinx was sticking to her guns on the subject, convinced it was not whatever ghost Pied claimed accompanied Hawkeye. However, it was also clear she was not interested in arguing one way or the other; she was content to allow Pied to believe whatever she wanted, with the reminder that Hawkeye was the one who claimed it was something to do with Sos, not herself. Besides, she thought to herself, The Omicron had not seen what had happened to Hawkeye when Jinx had refused to acknowledge her "gift", how she'd shaken and rolled back her eyes and chanted tongues unknown to all.
Messages In This Thread
RE: From my mouth I could sing you another brick that I laid - by Jinx - January 10, 2014, 04:45 PM