Sea Lion Shores From my mouth I could sing you another brick that I laid
Avatar by <a href="http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=1084">Zyn</a>
476 Posts
Ooc —
Although Pied's gotten tired of Jinx, I haven't! I'd love another thread sometime soon, if you're game. I really enjoy the dynamic between these two. :)

Jinx seemed unimpressed with the information, though it wasn't offered to impress her, just to make her aware that there were other professional opinions—and other individuals, period—besides herself. In that vein, the unveiling of her secret brought about the desired effect, as Jinx even mentioned a brother who shared the skill. Pied's eyes shifted thoughtfully to the line where the sea met the sky—the fins had disappeared—and then back to something nearer: the shambling sea lions. Finally, they drifted back toward Jinx.

"Fair enough. I only let you know because you tend to be so self-involved that it closes your eyes to others' perspectives and opinions," Pied stated, mentally adding, and sometimes facts. She gave Jinx a look to demonstrate that she didn't say this to offend her; it was simple honesty. Squinting her heterochromatic eyes and looking just past the other female's shoulder, she added thoughtfully, "Also, I wanted you to know that you're not the only one who's helping—who's capable of helping—Hawkeye deal with her problem, whatever the cause, though it's appreciated that you're helping at all."

Pied felt her skin prickle. She didn't enjoy the feeling of expressing gratitude to Jinx, who didn't deserve it in many ways. Pied imagined it would only feed into Jinx's narrow-minded, self-serving ego as well. Yet, all the same, she did appreciate that someone else was looking out for Hawkeye, even if Jinx's motives differed.

With that said, Pied had reached her breaking point for civility. It wasn't that she wished harm upon Jinx or was on the verge of lashing out—neither was true—it was just that she was weary of the encounter and wanted to move onto other things. Surely, Jinx felt the same way. It wasn't as if the two were actually socializing like two pack mates. They weren't enemies, nor even nemeses, per se, but Pied felt they would never be friends.

"I'm heading back," she announced, turning to line herself up with the distant ridge line. "See you around," Pied said offhandedly, pausing for a millisecond to allow Jinx to say something if she wished, then trotting away toward their homeland, the sounds of the barking sea lions fading into the background with every nimble step.
Messages In This Thread
RE: From my mouth I could sing you another brick that I laid - by Pied - January 11, 2014, 04:15 PM