[j] abeyance
<span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><FONT COLOR="#a52a2a">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9d2b2d"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#942d30">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8c2e33">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#833035"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#7a3138">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#71333b">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#69343e">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#603541"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#573744">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4e3847">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#453a49">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3d3b4c">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#343d4f">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2b3d51">n</FONT><br><FONT COLOR="#2b3d51">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#313d50">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#363c4e">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3c3b4d"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#413a4b">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#473949">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4d3947">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#523845">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#583743">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5d3642">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#633540">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#69343e">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6e333c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#74323a">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#793139">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f3037">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#842f35"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8a2f33">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#902e31">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#952d2f">v</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9b2c2e">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a02b2c">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a52a2a">e</FONT></i></span>
4 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
If you can't read Tulok's speech text let me know and I'll make it darker. Thanks for joining by the way. <3

Tulok could hear the soft roar of the ocean in the distance, the gentle and constant crash of the waves breaking upon the shore. It was reminiscent of Ikkuma, situated near the ocean itself, the sound of which had been Tulok’s lullaby, drowning out Arux’s soft snores in the corner opposite of Tulok - for the half brothers, even as small children could hardly bear one another’s presence. Suluk was often gone, busy being an Alpha, and sometimes Tulok would be awake enough to feel his father settle down, in the late of night, in between his two heirs blocking them from one another. They had often fought with one another - over bones and feathers Suluk would bring them, over furs they were gifted with from the loyal Ikkuma wolves. Tulok had the advantage of being bigger and taller than Arux (whom had been shorter than Suluk) but Arux had the advantage of being older and pudgier than Tulok which made them, until they had begun their training and actually learned how to fight, pretty evenly matched. Arux would sit on him sometimes, and more cunning than his brother, Tulok would often extract his revenge by stealing a bone or making up an extravagant tale of some mythical creature (likely based off of their faith) in attempts to get Arux hopelessly lost (to the point where Tulok hoped he never came back, alas that was never how it went). Their rivalry had been deep rooted, and created an inability for them to ever see each other as equals.

Having to leave his possession’s behind, namely the black pearl that Suluk had given him as a tribute to both Sos and Atka - which had been horrendously hard for Tulok to do - he had thought about starting up a collection of skulls and furs and such, but figured it was an activity better left for when he found a pack and had established a place among their ranks. There was no use in collecting things for little, personal shrines when he had no place to build them. Thoughts were tucked away quickly when a ivory creature came boldly towards the borders, her posture rigid and dominate. Tulok, quick to react and think, lowered himself into a willing position of submission, realizing that his defiance would get him nothing save for possibly killed. He was not in Ikkuma anymore, these wolves were not his kin, or loyalists. They did not know him, did not adore him, did not care. Appropriate measures needed to be taken - it was a simple as that; and it wasn’t that he was opposed to being lead by someone other than his father, simply that it would take some serious getting used too, though Tulok had been attempting to prepare himself for this on his journey to these lands. Perhaps Suluk’s reasons for sending him off, too, were not to find his simpleminded half brother, but instead to learn to be submissive, to learn to be a subordinate so he could better identify with them when he returned to Ikkuma. What good was a leader who did not understand his subordinates, after all?

The woman met his gaze, her eyes demanding and clearly stating that she would not take any bullshit from him. Though Tulok would likely never admit this - he found it extremely impressive. If she was a leader of these lands, Tulok was confident that he would not no issue following her. Of course, he could not assume anything - she could have been a leader, or just a subordinate, albeit a higher ranking one. I am Tulok Kesuk, Tulok began with his name first, figuring it was as good a place as any to start. I’m interested in potentially joining your ranks, given there is space and I am…deemed worthy. Tulok spoke his intentions bluntly, seeing no need in beating around the bush - though frankly he had never seen the excessive need in “beating around the bush”. To him, stating one’s intentions was better than, for lack of better term, bullshitting. If one did not have the courage to speak bluntly how would stalling give them the courage they lacked? The snow crunched under his weight as he shifted it slightly, still in a submissive pose, careful and as always, contemplative.

Messages In This Thread
[j] abeyance - by Tulok Kesuk - January 11, 2014, 01:40 PM
RE: [j] abeyance - by Jinx - January 11, 2014, 03:45 PM
RE: [j] abeyance - by Tulok Kesuk - January 14, 2014, 08:19 AM
RE: [j] abeyance - by Jinx - January 14, 2014, 08:49 AM
RE: [j] abeyance - by Tulok Kesuk - January 14, 2014, 09:36 AM
RE: [j] abeyance - by Jinx - January 14, 2014, 01:18 PM