[j] abeyance
<span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><FONT COLOR="#a52a2a">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9d2b2d"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#942d30">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8c2e33">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#833035"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#7a3138">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#71333b">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#69343e">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#603541"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#573744">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4e3847">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#453a49">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3d3b4c">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#343d4f">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2b3d51">n</FONT><br><FONT COLOR="#2b3d51">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#313d50">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#363c4e">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3c3b4d"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#413a4b">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#473949">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4d3947">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#523845">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#583743">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5d3642">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#633540">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#69343e">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6e333c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#74323a">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#793139">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f3037">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#842f35"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8a2f33">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#902e31">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#952d2f">v</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9b2c2e">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a02b2c">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a52a2a">e</FONT></i></span>
4 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
The pallid female’s expression seemed to take what Tulok considered a stony display of features as he felt and watched her eyes assess him. It was all he could do to keep his witty, sarcastic remark of like what you see? at bay - despite how desperately it burned at the tip of his tongue, like poison consuming his tongue in fire he managed to hold it back (albeit barely). Tulok was quite used to speaking his mind and unleashing the full extent of his cynical, perhaps narcissistic sarcasm and holding it politely in the company of strangers who potentially had a massive pull on whether or not he got into a pack would certainly prove to be the biggest challenge Tulok imagined he had to face yet. Learning to curb his tongue and demands would, he had no illusions and little doubt, be …interesting at best. To be frank, Tulok held doubts that he could truly learn to control and morph it. If he could…words could easily become his greatest weapon. He had been graced with intelligence and brawn - no doubt gifts of Atka and Sos, tributes of their approval (or so he thought, just as Suluk had) - but these natural talents needed to be honed to their full potential. This, Tulok could understand. This, he desired.

After Tulok had given her his name her posture relaxed - though barely. She still seemed extremely cautious of him - of which Tulok did not take any offence too. Would their roles have been reversed he would be very much the same way. She, in return, gave Tulok her name, and he studied her for a few seconds, himself, before he accepted that she, too, was a Kesuk. The Kesuk’s were a long, proud line and it was unsurprising to find another here; though Jinx’s presence (despite that her name was slightly familiar, Suluk might’ve mentioned her in passing though they had never met one another, having heard of her from Nutaaq whom Tulok’s father had met once). Jinx did not question in how they were related, and neither did Tulok. He would let her assume what she wanted - he did not share his father’s quarrel with Sitka and Tikaani (and possibly other Kesuk’s) - even though Suluk had been, to the very day Tulok left, convinced that Sos had separated Suluk from them for a purpose. In truth, it did not matter how they were related: simply that they were.

Tulok picked up that Jinx left out Atka, but decided not to draw attention too it. It was not uncommon for wolves of the faith to favor one bear over the other. Suluk was odd in that while he seemed to favor Sos over Atka himself, he attempted to keep a strong balance of them. Tulok aspired to follow both bears equally, though, he supposed it could go either way given the uncertainty of the future. Decisions were mapped by paths taken - not predetermined, and hearts could be changed just as quickly, or so Tulok stubbornly believed. I can fight as well, if not better, than most wolves, Tulok spoke the obvious first, figuring it was easier to work from obvious to unexpected. I have a strong sense of diplomacy, Tulok continued on and finished with, Stealth is not my given forte, and my general hunting skills beyond instinctual could be improved upon. Tulok admitted, unabashed to admit his flaws when it came to the urgency with which he needed a pack. He could not move as swiftly as a smaller would might be able to, hindered by his size, and Suluk had not raised his heirs to be lead hunters, he had raised them to be War Princes, favoring the skills of warriors, and diplomats over the others.

Messages In This Thread
[j] abeyance - by Tulok Kesuk - January 11, 2014, 01:40 PM
RE: [j] abeyance - by Jinx - January 11, 2014, 03:45 PM
RE: [j] abeyance - by Tulok Kesuk - January 14, 2014, 08:19 AM
RE: [j] abeyance - by Jinx - January 14, 2014, 08:49 AM
RE: [j] abeyance - by Tulok Kesuk - January 14, 2014, 09:36 AM
RE: [j] abeyance - by Jinx - January 14, 2014, 01:18 PM