Wapun Meadow snow and cold and death, oh my!
263 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
A familiar voice rattled Falwasi from her thoughts and into actuality once more. Her face bore a genuine smile, to which the deerstalker responded to with a tame smile of her own. "It's been a while," she said as she closed the distance between them. They'd only met once, but somehow Falwasi felt closer to the Bypass wolf than just acquaintances. Perhaps it was their hunt; hunting was personal to Falwasi, and the fact that they shared it made her think of Crëyr in a different way.

The greyscale wolfess was bright and welcoming, and Falwasi felt a twinge of jealousy at her steadiness. But she reminded herself that maybe Crëyr was likewise an authentic liar, and that the smile plastered on her face could be as fake as the hints of spring.

Before long, Crëyr had spotted her scar and her healing bite wounds. The tall wolf studied her for a moment after she'd asked what happened. As far as Falwasi could tell, the she-wolf still remained in the Bypass, who had recently engaged in business with the Creek. Falwasi knew no other details than the little grey replica of Shadow had left with his father, but she knew not if it was a mutual decision.

After a lengthy pause, Falwasi decided against giving her a brief run-through, and instead a mere: "I got into a tangle with another pack." She avoided the term 'we' — maybe if she threw herself under the bus, at least Scimitar and Kieran would not be dragged down with her. They could not have a reputation of weakness spread around right now — their only warriors save Kaskara were injured, and should they be assaulted again, they would not cheat death twice. Falwasi would have to ask her leader what was to be said about their physical appearance.

Her tone and posture were convincing and truthful; Falwasi had no trouble believing it, because it was a valid explanation. And even if Crëyr did not believe her statement, it wouldn't particularly matter. She doubted the Bypass was going to attack their home straight after having received the youngster.
Messages In This Thread
snow and cold and death, oh my! - by Falwasi - February 19, 2015, 02:32 AM
RE: snow and cold and death, oh my! - by Crëyr - February 19, 2015, 07:19 AM
RE: snow and cold and death, oh my! - by Falwasi - February 19, 2015, 10:27 AM
RE: snow and cold and death, oh my! - by Crëyr - February 20, 2015, 09:39 AM
RE: snow and cold and death, oh my! - by Falwasi - February 21, 2015, 06:29 PM
RE: snow and cold and death, oh my! - by Crëyr - February 23, 2015, 06:53 AM