Redhawk Caldera I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He had no reason to question Wildfire's prediction and, anyhow, better safe than sorry. Peregrine opened his mouth to issue more decisive instructions when the Blackthorns and Pan both arrived on the scene. A relieved breath gusted from his muzzle. He shot Elwood, Finley and their mini-me a quick smile, then nudged his lover's cheek.

"We're going to head underground," the Alpha male announced. "Follow me," were the next words out of his mouth. There was no time to waste. "Kids, stick close," he said to Nightjar, Wildfire and Raven in particular. He slipped to Fox's side, then with Pan on the other and the rest of the group just behind him, he began to trot downhill, toward one of many accesses to the caldera's network of underground caverns.

En route, the Alpha tipped his muzzle toward the darkling sky and howled, "We're taking cover underground! Come to us or seek shelter of your own!" Of course, Peregrine hoped the rest of the pack would magically show up to join the party, yet he knew it was unlikely. Unfortunately, there was no time to go find all of them and drag them underground.

He spotted an outcropping and led the others toward. Beneath it, there was a smell crevice that led beneath the earth. Hopefully the caldera itself could shield them from the brunt of the storm. "After you," he said to Fox, Pan and the pups. "I'm not asking, I'm telling," he said when he noticed the reluctant expression on his son's face. "Go." He would wait here until everyone was safely inside, then bring up the rear.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too! - by Peregrine Redhawk - July 23, 2015, 10:01 AM