Chasing the Sun
932 Posts
Ooc — Soap
The look on Aariak's face was priceless. The question that followed was even more so. One word. "What?" Yup. Shocking. Playing it up a bit, Iqniq turned his yes to the ground, somewhat sullen as he decided how far he wanted to spin this yarn. Suggesting Nanuk had taken up a phantom pregnancy and was now caring for the pups seemed a bit too far a tale. Yup. Time to come clean.

"Just kidding. She's fine. The only thing that will kill her is old age." Which... he was fairly certain would be the only thing to ever kill her which meant any concern for her at all was misplaced. She could hold her own. Always had. Always will. "No need to sweat or worry your mind over her." Seriously. There were plenty of other wolves in this pack where worry was better placed. Aariak probably just hadn't met them yet.

Iqniq shrugged. "Welp. If you're here to stay, might as well come on in. Word of advice though? Stay away from the whelping den. My mate will let everyone visit as soon as she's ready to present our pups to the world." Meaning she was highly territorial and equally as aggressive. More-so now that the coyotes somehow slipped through every diligent patrol and what not every wolf in this pack had tried to accomplish before their efforts proved to be in vain.

Second thought? "Actually? I was just circling the pack lands to make sure nothing else was out of order. Come with me? Let's get you to a cache and get you all fed and up to speed." He tipped his head aside as if to say, this way.
Messages In This Thread
Chasing the Sun - by Aariak - August 25, 2015, 12:09 PM
RE: Chasing the Sun - by Iqniq - August 25, 2015, 12:27 PM
RE: Chasing the Sun - by Aariak - August 25, 2015, 01:02 PM
RE: Chasing the Sun - by Iqniq - August 25, 2015, 01:44 PM
RE: Chasing the Sun - by Aariak - August 25, 2015, 02:39 PM
RE: Chasing the Sun - by Iqniq - August 25, 2015, 03:05 PM
RE: Chasing the Sun - by Aariak - August 25, 2015, 03:40 PM
RE: Chasing the Sun - by Iqniq - August 25, 2015, 03:54 PM
RE: Chasing the Sun - by Aariak - August 25, 2015, 04:19 PM
RE: Chasing the Sun - by Iqniq - August 25, 2015, 04:32 PM