I'm gonna marry her anyway
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
OOC: This is actually Lower Arrow Lake but that option didn't exist. >_>
Also this thread is in timeline limbo, but we'll say it's after Jinx's thread with Lecter.

IC: She hadn't washed her coat. Not since the shaman had touched her so intimately, and she would be hard-pressed to ever wash it again, that she might retain him there in the weave of her pale fur. She wore his musk and the stench of his blood with an awestruck reverence, and found herself consumed with it at times. She had been awakened, made a woman, and now it was all that she could even think about. He populated her mind in her waking hours, and his name was on her lips in the dead of night, when dreams took over and she was brought back to that moment, again and again and again...

Nevertheless, she had to maintain the semblance of a working wolf, and so Jinx had struck out from Horizon Ridge that morning, forcing down the images and thoughts that capered in her mind. She walked for an eternity, across the wide flatlands and over the mountain pass, and down the other side... So long that evening was swiftly approaching by the time she stopped for the day. Akhlut wouldn't miss her, if he even noticed she was gone, which Jinx somewhat doubted... But perhaps this would be the time he realized she spent long periods of time away from the pack's territory. She didn't worry about it.

She settled herself at the edge of a lake, whose origin was in the mountain. The falls that fed this one were wide and thunderous, suggesting a great volume of water at the top... Likely twice as large as this lake, since this one wound away into a creek. Little did Jinx know that that creek was where Lethe had set up her home, on the command of the Gods. She flopped down on the rocky shore, thrusting her snout down over her forearms and ignoring a hungry gnawing in her stomach that reminded her she hadn't eaten that day. Her injuries ached, she noticed; she had been so wrapped up in travelling that she hadn't noticed.

Her eyes slide shut, but almost instantly the feverish look in Lecter's eyes was burning in her memory, and she popped them open again, seeking reprieve from the memory. She chose instead to survey her surroundings, but remained prone, exhausted, but unwilling to wake in the middle of the night again with the desire to seek out her beloved mentor.
Messages In This Thread
I'm gonna marry her anyway - by Jinx - January 29, 2014, 10:49 AM
RE: I'm gonna marry her anyway - by RIP Fox - January 29, 2014, 12:49 PM
RE: I'm gonna marry her anyway - by Jinx - January 30, 2014, 02:18 PM
RE: I'm gonna marry her anyway - by RIP Fox - January 31, 2014, 07:34 PM
RE: I'm gonna marry her anyway - by Jinx - February 02, 2014, 04:50 PM
RE: I'm gonna marry her anyway - by RIP Fox - February 05, 2014, 06:53 PM
RE: I'm gonna marry her anyway - by Jinx - February 05, 2014, 07:33 PM
RE: I'm gonna marry her anyway - by RIP Fox - February 05, 2014, 10:53 PM
RE: I'm gonna marry her anyway - by Jinx - February 06, 2014, 10:41 AM
RE: I'm gonna marry her anyway - by RIP Fox - February 07, 2014, 07:53 PM
RE: I'm gonna marry her anyway - by Jinx - February 10, 2014, 02:54 PM