Redhawk Caldera My mind's a jungle, it's dark and wild
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
All Welcome 
At long last, Peregrine made a kill. His jaw clenched tightly around the body of the coyote pup. He would have preferred to kill its mother, yet she had given him the slip. There were no other pups (they had likely already died of hunger) and this one was little more than a scrappy bag of bones. But the shadowy Alpha male would not complain. Meat was meat. This would sustain the Firebirds, with a little left over for Fox and himself. He hated to take even an ounce of food from his young's mouths, yet Peregrine was afraid that if he didn't fuel himself, he wouldn't survive to continue providing for them.

Once he reached the rendezvous site, he dropped the carcass. Before calling for his mate and offspring, Peregrine carefully rationed the meat. He wanted each of them—including the runty Peter—to get a fair share. He put aside one haunch and leg for each growing boy, then reserved the head for Fox. This left the other internal organs and other scraps for the hunter himself.

Splattered with blood and gore—it took every ounce of strength not to start wolfing down all the fresh meat spread in front of him—Peregrine called @Fox, @Ferret, @Gannet, @Whip and @Peter to the supper table.

Just 'cause he rationed stuff doesn't mean there can't be squabbles—and just because I only tagged Fox + kids doesn't mean nobody else can show up! ;)

Link to roll.
Messages In This Thread
My mind's a jungle, it's dark and wild - by Peregrine Redhawk - May 23, 2016, 05:37 PM
RE: My mind's a jungle, it's dark and wild - by Whip - May 26, 2016, 02:22 PM
RE: My mind's a jungle, it's dark and wild - by Ferret - June 01, 2016, 05:28 PM
RE: My mind's a jungle, it's dark and wild - by Peter - June 03, 2016, 04:11 PM
RE: My mind's a jungle, it's dark and wild - by Whip - June 10, 2016, 09:45 PM