Shadewood The stars, they make me wonder so
11 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
Yayay! @Arturo

As the day began to draw to a close, the dusk set in, bringing with it rolling grey clouds across the horizon; a storm, not yet close enough to be a danger but certainly approaching at a relatively quick pace. A wolf trotted through the shadowing bows of the forest, relishing the cooling breeze after many days of travelling west beneath the spring sun. In many ways, the anticipating downpour would bring good news to most canids, but for this one it only brought concern and fear.

It seemed as if her cover had finally broken, the brief moments of pleasure finally cascading into a primordial instinct. The wolf quickened her pace, loping through the twisting entrails of trees and through brush, intent on finding a clearing away from the enclosed maze of branches and bushes unlike the majority of creatures which seemed to be seeking shelter within the confines of the forest.

As she ran, her mind sought memories of her family; her brothers, her sister, most importantly her father, who had all disappeared without a trace. After a brief contemplation, the yearling had eventually decided to follow in their footsteps and seek out their whereabouts. Her first thoughts were to track down her father who, in her eyes, was a great wolf to look up to. She couldn't remember much about the Hollow yet scenes of her mother retelling tales of their fathers great leadership and devotion to her and her siblings now replayed in her mind. Finding a decent trail of him had been near to impossible, but instinct drove her west on what she hoped was a worthy cause.

Finally, the canid came to a halt in a peaceful grove. Dead grass littered the ground and a towering tree stood in the center of the clearing which, when in leaf, had been a magnificent copper giant. The whole glade had a surreal feeling to it but despite the eery quietness of it all, the lupin settled herself under the bare branches of the beech and raised her head to look up at a patch of clear sky, not yet been concealed by clouds. Stars were beginning to arise, something which greatly captivated the imagination of the copper maiden and was enough to calm her nerves, at least for now.
Messages In This Thread
The stars, they make me wonder so - by Cearney - May 24, 2016, 03:44 PM
RE: The stars, they make me wonder so - by Arturo - May 24, 2016, 05:43 PM
RE: The stars, they make me wonder so - by Cearney - May 25, 2016, 11:50 AM
RE: The stars, they make me wonder so - by Arturo - May 25, 2016, 04:07 PM
RE: The stars, they make me wonder so - by Cearney - May 26, 2016, 11:45 AM
RE: The stars, they make me wonder so - by Arturo - May 26, 2016, 03:46 PM
RE: The stars, they make me wonder so - by Cearney - May 27, 2016, 01:42 PM
RE: The stars, they make me wonder so - by Arturo - May 28, 2016, 05:41 AM