Broken Antler Fen The Huntsman Has No Prey
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey

[ooc]Sorry, I completely ignored this thread!!! Also, sorry about not emboldening it... Running late to a party XD
[/ooc]

Embry settled himself peaceufully on his haunches, airily dispersing any visible reaction to the alpha's slight surprise. In truth, he hadn't intended to approach the female so jauntily, but, in all matters of condolence, he had simply wished to ratify his intentions within the pack. So, in haste to appear neutral, he casually dipped his head and waved off the compliment with a happy shrug. He accentuated the action with a loose smile as she continued to express the commending state of her wound. The wolf had wanted so badly to contribute in assisting his alpha, but the superior ranking wolves had swiftly been given orders and he had been intent on staying clear of their path. The worst nuisance a warrior can be is one that simply elongates the longevity of a battle.

"So far, l've been doing quite well. The forest has changed so much already... I intend to forget about the famine, eh? Perhaps gain a little more knowledge for the future." Embry's sea-green gaze lit up to fit the cheerful note in his tone. When the female offered a portion of the prey, though, he couldn't help but feel somewhat obliged. If anything, I should at least do her a favor and quit giving her such a hard time about it. 

"Top portion, please." His biceps flexed in retaliation to the sudden change in position as he lowered himself to the damp ground beneath. Tendrils of fresh soil peeked out through the bright, green blades of soft grass. The forest truly was repairing itself. Drifting his gaze across the meager squirrel, he ran his teeth across his portion and quickly bisected the prey. Less meat on top, less guilt in the night. It was a rule he had governed himself by for ages. Being the crazed zealot he was when it came to politeness, though, he quickly muttered another thanks before guzzling it down.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Embry - June 03, 2016, 04:41 PM
RE: The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Pearl - June 06, 2016, 01:01 PM
RE: The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Embry - June 06, 2016, 08:22 PM
RE: The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Pearl - June 08, 2016, 09:44 AM
RE: The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Embry - June 18, 2016, 09:33 PM
RE: The Huntsman Has No Prey - by Pearl - June 28, 2016, 03:04 PM