Blackfeather Woods Wicked sitar rift
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Though several moments had passed between Nemesis' arrival and Damien's, they were still close enough in occurrences to leave him unsurprised. The younger male had not approached in the same manner as Kove's lover, though, seeming to ignore the whelp entirely and focus upon the priest. The man's ears fell ever so slightly, having never been one to miss the emotions that one could project. It had been his responsibility to watch over Burke and the others, but they'd escaped anyways. "I know," was all he could respond with at first, keeping his focus on the ruler of the woods. In the back of his mind, he was sure Nemesis would be able to watch over the child for the time being, and so he'd looked towards neither of them as the words began to form within his mind; his reasoning for why the traitor and his wolves had escaped. "I was not as attentive as I should have been, I know, and will take full responsibility for their escape. I attempted to follow their scent, but was left unable to track them down. Instead, I found her." As his explanation was given, he'd pointed towards the girl with his muzzle, taking a moment then to note where she was located. "She isn't Burke, Malice, or their children, but she can serve you—she can grow up being groomed to join the Brotherhood. She will be of more use than either of Burke's sons ever could have been."

They were joined by another, then, to whom the Inuit had looked when words were voiced. Questions, rather, each of which having been permitted to end before any answers were given. "No, she is not from Malice's litter," the man stated, regarding her calmly. "My search for Burke took me towards the creek, where I had lost their scent. Certain they had crossed it, I continued forward through the mountains until a lone-standing one had been found. It was at its base that I saw the girl and decided to return with her." It had been a long journey, but worth it in the end. They did not have the traitors, but they did have a child. A young girl who would grow to be strong and loyal to them, even if she appeared rather sickly presently. He wanted to watch her grow, and hoped he'd be permitted to do so, and so his eyes had trailed their way back to the eldest of the Spiderlings. Yet, it wasn't long after that Nemesis had acquired his attention once again, her voice filling the air and causing him to shake his head. "I will take responsibility for their escape," he'd repeated. "Especially if it might mean that the child is given a chance to live with us." All around he'd looked, from face to face as if searching for an answer to a question indirectly asked. It wasn't long, though, before he'd found himself focusing only on the whelp, whose interests had quickly shifted to Nemesis and her biological capabilities.

Kove did not stop the girl, nor did he reach out for her. Instead, he'd only watched as she'd moved forward, seeking a meal just as she'd done to him not so long ago. "Her name is Qilaq," he'd stated, speaking to no one, but everyone, so that the child may continue no further without a name. It fit her, he believed, and further confirmed her status as his new daughter.
Messages In This Thread
Wicked sitar rift - by Kove - June 23, 2016, 04:39 PM
RE: Wicked sitar rift - by Nemesis - June 23, 2016, 06:10 PM
RE: Wicked sitar rift - by Kove - June 24, 2016, 01:50 AM
RE: Wicked sitar rift - by Damien - June 24, 2016, 09:56 AM
RE: Wicked sitar rift - by Qilaq - June 25, 2016, 01:40 PM
RE: Wicked sitar rift - by Potema - June 26, 2016, 10:48 PM
RE: Wicked sitar rift - by Nemesis - June 27, 2016, 01:19 PM
RE: Wicked sitar rift - by Qilaq - June 28, 2016, 01:17 PM
RE: Wicked sitar rift - by Kove - June 30, 2016, 01:43 AM
RE: Wicked sitar rift - by Damien - June 30, 2016, 09:39 PM
RE: Wicked sitar rift - by Potema - July 03, 2016, 02:05 PM