Redhawk Caldera you're a king and i'm a lionheart.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Something stirred within little Liffey that night. While her family slept about her, something compelled her to awaken and look about the dark den. The world was still mostly a blur to her newly opened eyes, and she was yet unaware that the sense she made of it was insignificant in comparison to what she would one day know. But still, the pup clambered to unsteady paws and waddled slowly from the side her mother and those of her siblings, bypassing her father, and striding awkwardly to the mouth of the den.

The child paused as a wave of cold air struck her - cold only because she was unaccustomed to how the night air truly felt outside of the hold of the den which she had never before abandoned. For a moment, the girl wanted to abandon this quest she had set upon herself, but another breeze came in. It came softer this time, and it enticed her. On shaking legs, the pup shuffled forward until she saw the crevice between the ceiling and floor open wider and wider. She slipped to her belly as the sky above began to expand over her head. Fear gripped her, and yet she crept forth until she laid still upon the ground just under the edge of the den's roof.

The girl peered in awe then towards the sky. The world was still mainly a blur, but shapes were growing steadily more focused. In that moment, she saw the dark stalks of trees blurring her view of a paler canvas that was dotted with bright specks. It was upon those specks that the child focused, wondering, thoughtful, and entranced.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
you're a king and i'm a lionheart. - by Liffey - July 10, 2016, 06:37 PM
RE: you're a king and i'm a lionheart. - by Eljay - July 12, 2016, 09:43 AM
RE: you're a king and i'm a lionheart. - by Lagan - July 13, 2016, 08:34 AM
RE: you're a king and i'm a lionheart. - by Liffey - July 15, 2016, 06:09 PM
RE: you're a king and i'm a lionheart. - by Eljay - July 16, 2016, 03:13 PM
RE: you're a king and i'm a lionheart. - by Lagan - July 18, 2016, 09:04 AM
RE: you're a king and i'm a lionheart. - by Eljay - August 05, 2016, 09:19 AM