Gyrfalcon's Keep That I could be looking for
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
When she had spoken, she'd done so with the desire to be obeyed, but her expectations had undoubtedly dwindled. Yet, when she'd noticed that he'd stayed even as she'd moved away, it became somewhat apparent that her words had been taken seriously. She did not know his reasoning for having listened, but was grateful all the same. To work with a being that did not go against every word spoken aloud rarely ended in mishaps, and so she'd found a new sense of peace in knowing that he was said type—but how quickly the feeling had faded upon feeling his gaze. His stare made her feel uncomfortable, and she'd shifted beneath it several times over. The metaphorical knotting of her stomach remained visible, her expression and demeanor as a whole acting as a display screen for her worries alone. That which made her feel nearly sick, or as if she could control nothing. The feeling was not at all enjoyable, fueled, perhaps, by his claim of harmless intentions.

True or not, she was skeptical, for nothing about him was familiar to her. She could not look at him and see the life he lived, nor could she understand the way in which he operated. To her he could exist only as an unknown variable, a blind spot within her plans. And though the desire to leave still burned in the back of her mind, she could not move, curiosity of the stranger having grown. She wanted to know why he had listened, as well as what his intentions were if not to cause any damage. They were the only reasons for her lingering presence, she'd told herself. Always had she possessed a strong desire to learn, whether it be of remedies or the workings of wolves as both a species and individuals, and so it was that section of her nature that had been given the blame for her reluctance to depart. Rather than confirming such a claim with the presentation of questions, however, Asterr had kept quiet and still. Neither a nod nor dismissal shake of her head had been offered, searching for a way in which she might speak without coming off as intrusive.

Yet, the questions had never come even after being formed, for he'd turned away then to inspect himself. She'd needed not to follow his gaze in order to piece together where he was glancing, his action having forced her to feel embarrassed for him, since he could not feel it for himself. Her head had turned, lowering as she'd refused to look his way again, and finding herself at a total loss for words. How someone might respond to having witnessed such a thing, she did not know, and so silence had been opted for. Though his gaze could be felt, still, upon her, she could not bring herself to meet it.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
That I could be looking for - by Asterr - July 17, 2016, 02:44 AM
RE: That I could be looking for - by Tetsubō - July 17, 2016, 03:02 AM
RE: That I could be looking for - by Asterr - July 17, 2016, 03:21 AM
RE: That I could be looking for - by Tetsubō - July 17, 2016, 03:34 AM
RE: That I could be looking for - by Asterr - July 17, 2016, 04:05 AM
RE: That I could be looking for - by Tetsubō - July 17, 2016, 11:57 AM
RE: That I could be looking for - by Asterr - July 18, 2016, 12:06 AM
RE: That I could be looking for - by Tetsubō - July 18, 2016, 02:38 AM