Totoka River Meet me near the water's edge
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
No need to apologize I totally understand! <3 It's almost really, really sad how Ragnar has himself deluded. xD

The Plateau woman’s attention was easily grasped by the chuff the Viking had given in a unobtrusive greeting, seen as the man watched her muzzle rise from the river’s flowing and cool waters to glimpse his way. Ragnar saw the small smile she offered him and yet could not quite bring himself to mirror it, even a little. It was rare that he smile, making the ones that were genuine and true much more precious, instead he offered her a trademark smirk though as of late he felt like doing anything but smirking; however, his coy smirks were an easy way to hide his irritation, anger and other irate emotions that seemed to be seething beneath the father’s surface. Which reminded him that he would bestow the common courtesy of informing her since they were acquaintances (and he was going for the Outrider rank) — and while Ragnar did not think it would really bother Blacktail Deer Plateau he still figured they might be interested in knowing nevertheless — about his suspicions regarding the Isle. It might not have any sort of effect on the Plateau directly but considering she was roaming around the Totoka River (that may or may not end up being the battlegrounds for some kind of turf war clearly I have an overactive imagination unhelped by Vikings, lol) he figured it would be a nicety to at least give her a heads up.

Before Ragnar could initiate that conversation Blue Willow struck up a different one, obviously remembering what had occurred with their former member Crete. It was rare for Ragnar to even think of the mute man’s name and though it would always bring with it a shiver of hostility within the Viking he was able to let go of the grudge he had once held for a brief amount of time go. Ragnar was poor with holding grudges because he had always figured there was no sense in it. “My family is well,” He responded, salmon pink tongue slipping from betwixt parted lips to draw across his nose and jaws once. “They did, yes, they are about ten days old now.” More or less. Ragnar assumed that Thistle was better at keeping track of those types of things than he was. The whole thing with the potential pack that had maybe Wheeling Gull Isle took up much of Ragnar’s time leaving little thinking processes for how old his children were now. “I believe my daughter is actually mine,” Ragnar confessed to Blue Willow in hushed tones. “She is silver like me. It is a darker silver but still silver.” What Ragnar didn’t realize was that particular shade of silver ran in the genetics of Thistle’s family directly (and Tokio is assuming Thistle did not tell him this, lol).

Ein was definitely too dark. That darkness did not run in the Northman’s family at all, and while Tveir could be his, too, it was hard to tell considering he was basically Thistle’s mini-me. Dagrun was dark because his mother had been an Amazon woman captured by Eitri and therefore did not share full genetics with the Northmen and it had seemed that where his half brother was concerned the Amazon’s dark pelt had won out in coloration.

Messages In This Thread
Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - April 10, 2014, 10:33 PM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Ragnar - June 02, 2014, 09:47 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - June 02, 2014, 09:28 PM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Ragnar - June 04, 2014, 06:35 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - June 04, 2014, 11:00 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Ragnar - June 05, 2014, 07:59 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - June 10, 2014, 09:49 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Ragnar - June 13, 2014, 06:11 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - June 13, 2014, 10:36 PM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Ragnar - June 15, 2014, 09:27 AM
RE: Meet me near the water's edge - by Blue Willow - June 16, 2014, 11:58 AM