Neverwinter Forest i'm beyond the archetype
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Haggard, upset and feeling as though life had been kicking him around for weeks, Shrike left Allure's side for the first time since they had returned to the pack having found both Scimitar and Eshe, drenched in blood and with the life crushed out of them at the hands of what had to have been a bear. His thoughts were with Allure, who had to process the loss she'd suffered, and stay strong for her little brother as well. Rannoch was still missing, so he was sure she'd assumed the worst for her brother as well. All he could do was stay strong, and take care of both Allure and Cypress as well as he could. They were the closest thing he had to family, and they were grieving. He could not be there for his friends in the Caldera, but he could for the new ones he had here in Neverwinter Forest and it helped him cope with his own loss. 

He made his way along the borders and it wasn't long before he saw a tall, pale figure moving along the borders toward him. He lifted his head and chuffed, inhaling the stranger's scent and finding himself relieved to catch the pack's scent about him. This must have been the other newcomer Allure had told him about- he'd been slightly jealous, at first, when he'd heard the fondness in Allure's voice...Until, of course, he was informed that this male came alongside a female who was pregnant. That set his mind at ease and assured him that he did not have competition for Allure's affection. Thank goodness, he thought, as he sized the male up; he was impressive, and attractive- more attractive than he felt he was, so he was relieved to know this male was already taken. 

He bobbed his head in greeting, tail swinging behind him, but couldn't exactly muster a smile. He didn't want to be the bearer of bad news, but he knew it would come up at some point. The pack would have to move forward.

And that first kiss coming, let's just freeze the frame
Your eyes were closing, as mine were opening
Messages In This Thread
i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 14, 2016, 04:08 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 14, 2016, 04:50 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 14, 2016, 05:15 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 14, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 14, 2016, 05:54 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 14, 2016, 06:40 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 15, 2016, 04:23 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 16, 2016, 12:29 AM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Cypress - November 16, 2016, 02:41 AM