Firefly Ravine i don’t tolerate defeat
8 Posts
Ooc — KJ
All Welcome 
The icy muck had been good for one thing, and one​ thing only: trapping prey.

The old she-wolf had been fortunate enough to come across a bird floundering in the mire, so consumed by its struggles that it never noticed the lethal snap of her jaws.  Idiot bird.  Several miles down the road, she'd run across a fat rabbit in the same predicament.  Idiot rabbit.  Though she'd eaten the bird immediately, she held the limp rabbit greedily between her cracked and yellowed canines as she skirted around a ravine and beheld, for the first time, the sea.  Sax wasn't one to leave prey unattended — let's be honest, her appetite was as gnawing and fearsome as her halitosis — but her grip on her meal slackened slightly as she watched the cresting waves in the distance.

So.  That's it, then.

The ocean was nice and all, but she wasn't so sure the journey had been worth it.  It had been one of Much Younger Sax's grand ideas, to see the ocean before she died — but Older and Wiser Sax wished now that her grand idea had been to see, oh, I don't know, somewhere not freezing and full of snow and wet.  Whatever.  She didn't have time for sentiment.  The tawny bitch managed to find a grassy area with ample sunlight and decent shelter from the winter winds and settled down with her meal, rumbling irritably at the stiff brown stalks that stabbed into her flank and hip as she gingerly took her ease.
Messages In This Thread
i don’t tolerate defeat - by Saxifrage - December 06, 2016, 07:03 AM
RE: i don’t tolerate defeat - by Pipit - December 11, 2016, 01:09 PM
RE: i don’t tolerate defeat - by Saxifrage - January 14, 2017, 02:19 AM