Dragoncrest Cliffs birth me from your bones again
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Pack Activity 
Thread 2 of 2. Please reply once as soon as you're able. Once this is archived, I can submit everything. <3 Feel free to have new threads set after this. @Dio @Wildfire @Rebekka @Hush @Portia @Tanja @Chessur @Eske

The further away from the territory they were, the better they can all breathe. She can hear the coughs and groans and she fears she has failed them when they’d chosen the dragon to claim. She’d been foolish to think she could tame the beast and she didn’t heed the first warning it had given her. The majority of them have reconvened in the hollows and they can account for one another. A few are missing but the threat remains high in her mind and, with one final call in desperation to find them in the north. They are all smart and if they had to go another way, they’d eventually come around.

Still, Thuringwethil hangs back as long as she can before she ushers the crowd further north and toward the coast where the air turns from smoke to salt and she’s never been more relieved. With most of everyone in one piece, they finally find refuge in a forest that has become familiar too her. The trees are thick enough to keep the sun from the ground and the wind at bay and she eventually collects everyone once they’ve all straggled in.

She is quiet for a long time, closing her eyes and absorbing the salty air and the familiarity of it brings her comfort. She wonders if it will do the same for Chessur and Tanja whom each had been born with the shore to their backs, just as she had been.

Thuringwethil turns to Wildfire and nudges her cheek, wishing to curl away somewhere and sleep until it was all over but eventually she moves to the front of the group and centers herself somewhere between her mate and Dio. The day feels like an eternity behind them now as night threatens the last of their light and they remain in territory that is large unknown to them. She does not fear a threat of wolves with a number such as she has but she knows the land to be vacant from others and safe enough for them to find refuge.

“We will rest here,” she tells them, her voice tired and hoarse. She clears her throat and begins again, hoping to steel her confidence once more. “We are not all here. In a few days, we will discuss whether or not to send a search party for those that have not found us but if the mountain is not safe, we will not return. They are smart and they know what to do. There is a lake not far from here but please go in pairs,” she says with a nod. Her wolves know what to do when separated and that does not falter now in the face of danger. From there, she relays any other instructions for the night. Those that are up to hunting may but it is something that can wait until the next day when they have had a chance to rest their tired bodies. Thuringwethil turns to Chessur to help assess Portia and anyone else that may have been injured in the travel and Tanja and herself to take first shift in guarding, alternating halfway through the night until morning.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Messages In This Thread
birth me from your bones again - by Antumbra - December 18, 2016, 10:22 PM
RE: birth me from your bones again - by Wildfire - December 18, 2016, 11:00 PM
RE: birth me from your bones again - by RIP Blodreina - December 19, 2016, 03:16 PM
RE: birth me from your bones again - by Portia - December 19, 2016, 05:28 PM
RE: birth me from your bones again - by Dio - December 20, 2016, 12:15 AM
RE: birth me from your bones again - by Tanja - December 20, 2016, 10:27 AM
RE: birth me from your bones again - by Hush - December 21, 2016, 06:33 PM