Swiftcurrent Creek count the stars that are shining in your eye
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
Thats fine! I work until Monday anyways. I'm so excited for this thread though omfg my feelings.

[table width=65%][tr][td]

The boy gave no indication that he noticed the ember trailing him. Truthfully he was too focused upon the creek and finding a safe space to drink from. His gait was made up of lethargic steps, hinting more at his physical state than his mental one (although that wasn't far off the mark either).

When she finally emerged behind him, he paused.

She looked vaguely familiar, but he couldn't make out much detail from the distance, even with the strong contrast of snow behind her. The vivacity of her coat was startling; then again, so was her age. The closer she got, the more Tryphon could learn — and she was running behind him with a slight limp. Something hung from her neck and it seemed heavy, or perhaps she had her own burdens outweighing her.

Tryphon did not linger long, and decided to keep moving despite the company. He was usually quite aloof but something about this woman was... Unsettling. It was a feeling deep down, in his core. The anxiety the boy often experienced around others (butterflies taking flight in his belly) was nothing compared to the strange bottomlessness he felt when he looked at her.

So he turned after surveying her for a minute, and resumed his hike towards the sound of flowing water — disinterested.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
count the stars that are shining in your eye - by Larus - January 05, 2017, 05:27 PM
RE: count the stars that are shining in your eye - by Larus - January 06, 2017, 01:10 AM