Broken Antler Fen i might never be a knight in shining armor
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was pleased to see the young boy take out some of the meats and left the decaying pieces for what they were. The father cleared his throat as the did not know why they should leave these pieces to rot together. "It is called the circle of life," he started, feeling wise that he could tell his son this. His mother had taught him this too.

"My own mother taught me this too. The meat that is now degrading feeds the ground, making the soil fertile so it means grass grows. What attracts our grass? Right, prey animals like deer or even smaller ones like rabbits. The rotting meat also attracts insects whom are eaten by birds," he explained. "So by leaving these scraps around it ensures that there will be other animals benefiting from this too. It is a circle, we kill a deer, but we don't only feed ourselves we also feed others with it and those others provide food for us in return."

He hoped that he hadn't explained it in a too complicated matter. Sebastian was pretty sure Mato was smart enough to understand. "Hence why it is important to bury the wolves that have passed to they can give life back to the nature around us," he smiled at his son.
Messages In This Thread
i might never be a knight in shining armor - by rip gemini - February 26, 2017, 08:55 AM
RE: i might never be a knight in shining armor - by Sebastian - March 05, 2017, 01:56 PM