Cerulean Cape things my heart used to know.
ɪ' ʜɪɴ' sʀɪɢʜ ʀ ʜ sʟ ; ʜʏ ɴɴ ʜɪʀ ǫɴ.
27 Posts
Ooc — Floof
All Welcome 
[table width=80%][tr][td]
It'd been several days since her encounter with the prince known as Pendragon, and the wandering princess had found herself missing his company. Well, maybe not his company, so to speak, but the familiarity and comfort it brought her—the reminder that she wasn't alone in this world full of wolves that seemed to not care about her royal blood. The attenion he had given her, even. He had cared, he had known what it was like to be the child of a King, and even moreso, what it was like to lose it all. It had been nice to discuss kingdoms and nobility again, even if the conversation had been heavily laced with the grief of all that had been lost. Sometimes she thought about wandering near the river in hopes she might find him again, but would often change her mind and wander back, never lingering long. What would she even say? What could he say that would fix this forlorn pain in her heart? Nothing. At best, he was just a delightful representation of what had been, not a solution to all her woes.

Their discussion of homes got her to thinking that maybe it was time to really settle down... make a place for herself in this strange, new world. It was nice to travel—hell it even felt mandatoy for fear that if her paws were still too long, she'd drown in her grief and never resurface—but it would only distract her for so long. This beach would start to look a lot like that beach, those trees would stat to look like every other tree; it would all just blend together in one mundane blur and she'd run out of horizons to chase. Then, once she grew bored of travel, her heart would start aching again, and it seemed the only cure for that ache was companionship...

A pack. As much as she hated to lower herself to such standards, she'd need to find a pack. They could take her in, give her a home, give her plenty of distractions to keep her pain at bay... but where could she find one? She only knew what her parents had told her of packs, that they were unruly bands of wolves that were hardly structured and primitive in comparison to a kingdom. They'd never told her of where to find one, how you'd join one, how they specifically opperated. Might there be any packs on the coast, or would she have to travel further inland? It was a rather daunting thought, the idea that'd she just have to keep traveling until she found one, and then what? What if it wasn't even worth it? What if they were somehow even worse than she'd imagined...?

These were the thoughts running through her head as she aimlessly walked along the sand shores of Cerulean Cape, pale green eyes downcast as she half heartedly kicked up sand behind her. It was night, the moon high overhead and the darkness of the sky painting everything in shades of blue and purple. Whenever her mind wandered away from the more important things, wandered back to the present, she'd turn her head to the side and admire how the moonlight refracted upon the waves, creating a shakey trail of white that stretched all the way out to the horizon, progressively getting wider. She'd usually be sleeping right about now, making her movements just a little drowsy and uncaring, but her troubled thoughts had kept her awake, prompting her to just take a leisurely stroll down the beach. She was unaware of anyone else that might be around, and in her weary, listless state, she probably wouldn't care.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 02:51 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 02, 2017, 11:13 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 02, 2017, 11:56 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 03, 2017, 05:48 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 03:01 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 07:30 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 05, 2017, 09:55 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Embry - April 05, 2017, 10:42 PM
RE: things my heart used to know. - by Andronika - April 23, 2017, 08:56 AM