Stavanger Bay The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Hello!

Embry's thoughts had been elsewhere for the majority of the day, so that even as the crooning wind beckoned him to the shore, he would only sit and stare at his paws. He had been born with this aura of self-composed humility and reverence, but sometimes it grew to be a short trait among his wilder aspirations. It was useless trying to believe that he had done more than become an imperious weight upon the world and nothing more. Ostensibly, he had believed that perhaps the seaside would comfort him. And while he deeply enjoyed the beautiful, shimmering cerulean waves, he could not ignore the underlying sense of cavernous obsolescence. 

Beneath him, his honey-golden paws looked surprisingly large. He had never inspected himself with such harsh assiduity, and, in effect, had temporarily forgotten that he was still so young. The Teekon Wilds had taken many a thing from him, including his sense of spry, it seemed. But, then again, it took more than just good humor to earn prestige in the Fen. The byproducts of pack mentality were often just as lacking as they were benevolent to a man's esteem. So it was that when he first spotted the sandy female trailing along his newfound cove, he was filled with a new ambiguity of emotions: exuberance and cynicism. Sea-green orbs hardened, he stepped out of the copse of flaxen palms with genuine care, hoping not to startle the stranger. Despite his skepticism, he always held a certain politeness that simply could not be deluged. 

"Fancy seeing something new around here." He kept his voice cool, if not somewhat detached. There was a warmth in his tone, nonetheless, that followed in his cordial gaze. He kept his stance respectful, tail brushing the sand with rythmic strides, golden coat rolling across his muscular length with no sign of hostility. This was not his territory, anyhow, and she hardly looked menacing. "Enjoying the view? I must say, it certainly attracts those of idyllic nature. You can call me Embry... I live around here, for the moment." He wasn't lying. It appealed to him how similar their features were in terms of color, both in fur and gaze. He had never met someone so serene near the ocean, so befitting with the scenery. 
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
RE: The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams - by Embry - April 07, 2017, 09:23 PM