Bramblepoint i have reached these lands but newly
288 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Private 
Occurring at the same time as this thread.
For @Alya

It had started out as an inkling — the faint knowledge that Cypress would seek out Alya again at some point — but he’d been putting it off and putting it off and now it was an obsession. “I’ll visit her tomorrow,” had gradually morphed into, “I’ll visit her when we leave Neverwinter Forest,” and although they’d left days ago he still hadn’t gone to see her. Part of it was his desire to keep her secret and separate — especially now that @Rannoch was back in all of his heavily-muscled, grayscale glory. Rannoch, with the sunny smile and proud physique — the perfect blend of both Scimitar and Eshe. As happy as Cypress was to see his brother safely returned, he didn’t much like the idea of Alya seeing him in comparison to his turquoise-eyed littermate. Rannoch was a battleaxe, heavy and broad and strong, and Cypress — a zweihänder at best — didn’t relish the thought of Alya’s blue eyes, round with wonder as they looked at Noch.

Cypress moved at a steady southwesterly clip, surefooted paws quickening in his urgency. He was a different wolf than he’d been the first time he’d met the darkling girl — taller, wilder, with a slightly sturdier set to his shoulders. The quirk of his stern mouth and glint in his sulphureous eyes remained largely the same, but there were appreciable differences there, too: the spark in his eyes had grown livelier while the line of his lips had grown grimmer. Careful to stand in exactly the same spot he’d first seen her — or as near as he could possibly get, anyway — he peered across the territory borders as if expecting to see her there.

He didn’t, though, and that threw a sizeable wrench into his plans.

Was he supposed to howl for her? If he did that, would she come to greet him or would one of her sisters? Would her parents come? Cypress didn’t know the answer to any of those questions — but he knew he had to see her, no matter what it cost him. Pitching his voice low, he slicked his tall ears against his narrow skull and allowed his airy baritenor to skim the cool spring air. His voice was clear and crisp, almost businesslike; there was something perfunctory about the rise and fall of his timbre, as though it was hollow in the center where emotion ought to have lived. It was not a beautiful melody — it was not a melody at all — but the somewhat monotonous default ring of a cheap new phone.

Too much time had passed.

With a heavy heart, Cypress made a defeated trek back to the thorny area his brothers had chosen to inhabit, but when he caught the telltale scent of Moonspear he knew he had to try again to find her. Tossing his head back, he called for Alya again — he did not expect to actually see her, but it was worth a shot.
Messages In This Thread
i have reached these lands but newly - by Cypress - April 08, 2017, 05:32 PM
RE: i have reached these lands but newly - by Alya - June 03, 2017, 01:11 PM
RE: i have reached these lands but newly - by Cypress - June 10, 2017, 05:46 AM
RE: i have reached these lands but newly - by Lyra - June 10, 2017, 09:30 AM
RE: i have reached these lands but newly - by Alya - June 25, 2017, 09:57 PM
RE: i have reached these lands but newly - by Cypress - July 15, 2017, 02:02 PM
RE: i have reached these lands but newly - by Lyra - July 24, 2017, 11:09 AM
RE: i have reached these lands but newly - by Alya - August 27, 2017, 05:49 PM