Neverwinter Forest you're a child of the cosmos, a ruler of the skies
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Her hunger is split in two. One lives in her stomach and the other in the mind. One tells her to stop and the other tells her to keep going. She only listens to one.

Blood smears across her face as she takes as much into her mouth at once, swallowing most things in whole, or the very least in chunks, and by the time she’s done, there’s barely a scrap left. The fox, maybe half her size, is nothing but limbs and head and back and now on display as a livestock ravished by a wild beast. Her nose continues to dig around to find any last bit left over despite her stomach’s protest and the now grotesque shape of her abdomen but when was her last meal? When will her next one be?

She misses the words the stranger says to her—she almost forgets her entirely—and pulls back when she realizes she’s been spoken to. Her muzzle, and most of her face, is soaked with blood and pieces of flesh that no amount of tongue swiping will clear off. She tries anyway, licking at her chops several times and clearing what’s left in her teeth to bide sometime. Her jaw tightens and sets into place a beat later and she takes a step back, looking to what’s left of the kill and the stranger on the other side of it. Her stomach rumbles in discomfort but her mind urges her to take what is left and go to pick through without the watchful eye of the other.

Mallaidh takes a step forward, her eyes focused intently on the pair of seafoam—as if to challenge her chances—and lowers her head without breaking the eye contact, carefully latching on to the hind leg of the dead fox, and begins to pull it away.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
Messages In This Thread
RE: you're a child of the cosmos, a ruler of the skies - by Mallaidh - September 09, 2017, 11:16 AM