Porcupine Ridge i'd lose everything so i could sing hallelujah
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
The sound of heavy, approaching footfalls initially causes Wanlida’s hackles to bristle along her spine in non-verbal warning but a frosted look over her shoulder melts and her hackles smooth back down as the familiar form of Étoille materializes into her view. He approaches and address Furi as Chou — a language that Eske does not understand. She wonders what it means, if it is a filler name as she refers to her as Second or girl in her own head ( or did, rather, that will cease now that she knows the girl’s name). Eske looks at the man, a bit startled, when he brings to their attention the dead body below. It’s not exactly the words she expects to hear — nor truly much of a greeting — but she deduces that it must be wolven in origin because what else could be the significance of a corpse?

Eske moves to investigate, allowing the other two to either follow her or hang back. She doesn’t mind either way. She climbs down carefully and chokes out Arlo.” with her heart in the throat. They were never what Eske would consider particularly close but he had been her companion on many patrols and many missions and his death hurts her. Not in the same, devastating way of Kendra’s but the sorrow she feels is genuine and crushing in it’s own way. He was a constant, a sort of rock that she had taken advantage of: seen only now that he is no longer among the living. For the sake of the girl and the scouting party, Eske gathers herself. She will mourn Arlo later, in privacy. They still have a mission to complete. “It’s Arlo. One of the wolves we were searching for.” Eske explains to her companions. A quick glance around tells her that Wildfire’s body is not here and is unsure whether she feels relief or panic. It doesn’t necessarily mean that Wildfire is not, also, deceased somewhere, left to the scavengers.

Perhaps the pair had gotten separated somehow. It’s plausible, she thinks. “There’s no sign of Wildfire,” Eske states turning to address her two companions. Her gaze touches upon Furi first before it lifts to Étoille. “Perhaps the wolves of the pack below have seen her.” Eske lifts her chin slightly as she glimpses at the territory below over her shoulder. “Étoille,” She seeks his attention. “Would you mind venturing down to ask if they’ve seen her? She is small of stature, and her fur is a mixture of red brown that fades to tan, her tail is black and she has a black smudge on her nose.” She recalls Wildfire’s description from memory, surprised but pleasantly so that she can do so. She was never really close to the woman, admittedly. Still, it should be enough of a description, providing their male companion agrees to the side-mission.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
Messages In This Thread
i'd lose everything so i could sing hallelujah - by Mallaidh - September 23, 2017, 08:29 PM
RE: i'd lose everything so i could sing hallelujah - by RIP Blodreina - September 24, 2017, 10:56 AM