Redhawk Caldera i warn you not to doubt the silence before the storm
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
@Elwood & @Finley. Anyone else from the caldera is welcome to join! Everyone in the scouting mission should post here to at least cameo their appearance but they don't have to actively engaged if you don't want. I'm pretty sure I covered my tags in the post!

After leaving their campsite in the heartwood, Thuringwethil pushes them forward. They get closer to the caldera, based on @Étoille's direction and @Eljay's recognition and she pushes them through. She can see the wear in the group in a matter of days and she briefly wonders how ragged she looks. It hadn't been that long ago she'd been sick on death's door and while she's trained and worked out to return to her once warrior glory, she knows she hadn't quite reached it. The trip likely set her back a little, too, but she doesn't let it slow her down. The caldera has to have answers. They wouldn't haven't gotten this far without anything to be given.

They rest briefly near a small stream before pressing forward, seeing the rocky peak in the distance. There's an odd sensation of relief and worry battling inside her. They reached their destination and while they stand on the outside, the world offers possibilities she may not truly have. Wildfire is home with them still. Something happened to separate Wildfire from Arlo and she made it and she stayed. They'll be reunited soon. In her brief flash of hope, she wishes she'd brought @Bobby along too.

Thuringwethil quenches her thirst, steadies herself, and they make the last leg of the trip in relative silence. Her hope shrinks the closer she gets and she occasionally looks back to see how the others are fairing. By the time they reach the borders, keeping enough distance considering she'd brought more wolves than perhaps necessary but she's prepared for whatever happens. Before she makes the call for the leaders of the caldera, names she does not know since Wildfire's parents had passed, she turns to the group.

"We are not a threat to the wolves here," she says in hope they can appear to have come in peace instead of fighting a war. She looks to @Blixen and @Artaax with a flash of a smile. "By extension, they are somewhat family. If they welcome us in with open arms, we will be thankful and polite and while we are here, we will obey their needs." Thuringwethil licks her lips and shifts her gaze to @Dio, then @Portia (who seems ready for anything and she hopes deep down she doesn't need to healer but she's thankful she's here). @Hux lingers in the background, keeping them all together, and she nods once before she turns, lifts her nose, and howls her cry for the leaders of the pack.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Messages In This Thread
i warn you not to doubt the silence before the storm - by Antumbra - September 30, 2017, 05:55 AM