Dragoncrest Cliffs i wanted to be your anchor
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Pack Activity 
We are home! This is not a mandatory thread but definitely encouraged! If you decide not to participate, your character is free to know the outcome of the scouting mission. @Dio @Eske @Ajatar @Portia @Blixen @Artaax @Étoille @Tirgatao @Furi @Cecil @Sirio @Bobby

When they reach the ocean the air changes around them. They are no happier than they were the day moment before but they knew the final stretch is upon them. Drageda isn’t far anymore and has now become an attainable goal as they finally decline the other side of the mountain that is their journey.

They rest only as needed, hunt when they need, but for the most part they make the rest of the journey with as little delay as they can muster.

They reach the forest on their side of the sound and relief floods into Thuringwethil. She knows this way well, has put her own path in the ground, and just on the other side is their home. The pinpoint of cliffs in the distance seem to shrink away and weariness sinks into her bones. She’s far more aware just how tired she is and she’s certain she’ll sleep for days when she crosses the finish land and is finally home. She is still not complete, and will not be until they return her beloved to her, but for now they know she is safe and they will take care of her and soon, soon, she will be home.

No one says a word but their feet move faster, carrying them the last leg of land to where she can smell the borders and the scents they’d left behind. It is different, if only absent of themselves, but it will change again. By the time she crosses the threshold into the holy land, she closes her eyes and takes a few more careful steps before she comes to a halt. She turns and looks softly upon her little group of her ragged family, including Étoille as new as he is, and finally rests upon her children where she closes the distance and stands close to. A few words of thanks and appreciation and love is exchanged before she gives them the freedom to go, if they chose, or allowed the rest of Drageda to welcome them home.

Her nose lifts into the air and she howls their return. It is not a howl of misery, but there is still sadness attached to what good news she can communicate through song. And once she has come to a close, she nudges the kids forward and moves into the heart of the territory with others in tow.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Messages In This Thread
i wanted to be your anchor - by Antumbra - October 14, 2017, 02:09 PM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by Blixen - October 15, 2017, 05:24 PM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by Artaax - October 15, 2017, 06:51 PM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by Mallaidh - October 15, 2017, 07:18 PM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by Étoille - October 15, 2017, 07:36 PM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by Tirgatao - October 16, 2017, 02:49 AM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by RIP Blodreina - October 19, 2017, 03:43 AM
RE: i wanted to be your anchor - by Dio - October 23, 2017, 10:55 PM