Blackfeather Woods wake me up; i wanna feel the sun
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
Cassiopeia's shock is brief, but understandably evident within her features, following his words that grant her freedom to roam the dark woods. She covers it up quickly with a resolute agreement to his proposition, and instantly, she is situated higher within the ranks. But she does not realize that she not free, at least, not free yet. There is still much more to go before she can truly call herself a free-woman, able to come and leave as she pleases. No, that ability would take some time to ensure that she would not simply run towards the first glance of what was beyond the dark woods. But he doesn't tell her this, instead, he simply nods and lets her continue on.

The Cerberus. He snorts. As if the flashy titles of Blackfeather's ranks had not been boastful enough, the three women had actually found themselves important enough to give their miniature death club a catchy name. However, he is not surprised to learn they have. They had seemed to attack as a singular being, something he had found unusual at the time but had simply disregarded that piece of information as irrelevant. It did make sense now, how they would title themselves to be something of a whole. But he is unsure if he is supposed to be impressed. Vaati judges them based on what he has seen, and while their skills as warriors are formidable, they do not scare him as much as their imposing name suggests it should. He has seen far worse beings and their intentions within the dark woods to be frightened by the concept of them and their self-righteous plans of presumably eradicating him from their neck of the woods or bringing him to "justice", as Charon's presence had suggested. Cassiopeia jeers at him with words he can only grumble at, knowing fully well that he has failed to do many things he set out to do in recent times. Perhaps it is just a turn of bad luck, or, the gods had cursed him once again. But what is clear to him is that the outcome of the simple attempt to kill Rannoch and the events that continued to unfold after would lead up to become something terrible, if it even occurred. 

Vaati narrows his eyes in her direction. "No. Because - " He stops himself short as the utterings of their names reach his ears. Vaati instantly wonders why they couldn't have been named something stupid like Spazzy, Jazzy and The Third Wheel but nevertheless, he takes this newfound information with seriousness. "What else do you know?" This time, his tone commands a sort of persuasion, the tone of a man whose life rides on all she has to say. It doesn't, Vaati has more than one or two tricks up his sleeve to ensure he lives, however, the more he knows about his enemies, the more he is able to understand them. Specifically, understand why they care so much about killing him in the first place.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
Messages In This Thread
wake me up; i wanna feel the sun - by Cassiopeia - October 21, 2017, 07:10 PM
RE: wake me up; i wanna feel the sun - by Vaati - October 28, 2017, 12:51 PM
RE: wake me up; i wanna feel the sun - by Cassiopeia - October 28, 2017, 01:34 PM
RE: wake me up; i wanna feel the sun - by Vaati - October 28, 2017, 02:31 PM
RE: wake me up; i wanna feel the sun - by Cassiopeia - October 28, 2017, 06:28 PM
RE: wake me up; i wanna feel the sun - by Vaati - October 28, 2017, 10:32 PM
RE: wake me up; i wanna feel the sun - by Cassiopeia - October 28, 2017, 11:04 PM
RE: wake me up; i wanna feel the sun - by Vaati - November 08, 2017, 12:00 AM