Redhawk Caldera All my life I’ve been burdened by the dreams
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Colt was beginning to think she really did peace out on him, which would make everything a hell of a lot less awkward for him.  He hadn't reached the point of regretting the decision of coming here, but the situation was starting to really sink in.  After all of these years, their last conversation was still fresh as ever in his mind, and he was going to have to follow that up.

What the fuck was he thinking?

It was too late to turn back, even if he wanted to consider it.  There was no way he was bailing with Towhee's annoying presence on his ass, and there was no way he was going to let his sister scare him off.  Blackthorns didn't run; they stared whatever wanted them to run in the face and generally paid the consequences.  Which, if you think about it, was a pretty terrible family mantra.

He was trying to work out what he might even start saying when he heard that oh-so-familiar voice answer, and immediately everything he'd thought of fled the scene.  His traitor mind went absolutely blank, and he jolted to a stop.  Panic mode, activate.  He wasn't close enough to see her, but barely caught the second part of what she said.

At length, the only thing he thought to give back was a stupid quip, but hey, it was better than standing there like an idiot.  "If you did, guess that makes two of us."  Because why else would he have thought it was a good idea to come here?

And that was it.  That was all he had.
Messages In This Thread
All my life I’ve been burdened by the dreams - by Colt RIP - November 06, 2017, 09:41 AM
RE: All my life I’ve been burdened by the dreams - by Colt RIP - November 13, 2017, 07:44 PM