King Elk Forest through bog and brier
165 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
She could not find companionship in the tres and the winds, and thus she didn't simply skirt around this border. She would not wander forever alone, not when winter approached. Already she was leaner, and the snows were not even able to cling to the earth yet. Winter's grip would only tighten, and while the girl loathed to admit it, she was moving against time. 

Her tail flicked in steady rhythm as she walked, steps quick as she mustered the courage to call. The clouds above were heavy and thick, and rain fell lightly atop the wood, the dull pattering of rain against earth the only sound. Her own pelt was beaded with water, and the chill seeped through her thin fur. It was what kept her so far south; to the north was a bitter cold, and yet here the weather seemed more forgiving. 

Finally she howled, the sound hoarse from disuse. She stilled then, plopping onto her hindquarters so that she might be less inclined to simply leave, and waited in the rain, spine ramrod straight, tension in the way she held herself.
@Mato, @Delight; paging for visibility ^-^
did you hear the sun go down?
silent as a child I found
hiding in the midnight of my soul
I am ready now to let her go
Messages In This Thread
through bog and brier - by Anatha - November 16, 2017, 12:33 PM
RE: through bog and brier - by Ariel - November 16, 2017, 11:07 PM
RE: through bog and brier - by rip gemini - November 17, 2017, 03:52 AM
RE: through bog and brier - by Anatha - November 17, 2017, 02:53 PM
RE: through bog and brier - by Ariel - November 19, 2017, 06:26 PM
RE: through bog and brier - by rip gemini - November 21, 2017, 05:16 AM