Dragoncrest Cliffs honey, the kids uploaded my brain to this roomba
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Rose agrees to at least check it out and it takes a little effort not to jump right up and lead her that way now. She’s definitely going to do that, but she doesn’t have to move right now. As long as Furi can keep Blixen out of her head, it will be fine. She won’t be able to avoid the fiery girl forever but she can at least manage it for a little while, especially considering how their last conversation went. It ended with a lot for her to think about—-about herself, Blixen, Drageda, and even Rose—but she doesn’t thinks he’s ready to try and sort it out. It weighs heavy in her chest and she stifles a ragged sigh welling up.

When her new friend asks more about Hougeda, and the rest of the pack, she uses it as an excuse not to deal with any problems. Instead, she can focus on the things she does know and maybe figure out what she doesn’t and what she needs to ask. She’s learned a lot in her time here—including the language, even though it’s only a little bit—and despite Blixen throwing it in her face that she doesn’t understand, she’s confident in what she does.

Furi stands and moves forward a little, her nose bumping against Rose’s shoulder. She links a few seconds to absorb her scent but she tears away and begins to walk away. “Come on, I’ll show you the tree,” she says, turning her attention forward so she doesn’t trip over anything. “And I can tell you.” 

Pale green eyes glance back a little to make sure she is following and Furi clears her throat, not entirely sure where to start. It’s a whole new way of life, something she hadn’t been used to when she first got here. She’d been young and learning how Teaghlaigh worked and before she’d gotten a good sense of it, she’d gotten separated and lost and now… well… She bites her tongue and refocuses her gaze straight ahead. “Hougeda is like our rendezvous site. It’s a cavern behind the big lake, in the center of the territory. You can’t see the entrance though, it’s hidden and you have to sorta… um, work through some bushes and plants to get through. But it’s pretty open and the lake falls in with a small watering hole to catch it,” she explains. She doesn’t spend a lot of time in it, except at night and the last several she’s avoided it all together. 

“Once they trust you and you’ve helped out the pack, then you get a rank which is kind of… like your main job, I guess,” she decides to go with, deviating from the actual description. She’ll have her change to explore it one day and Furi hopes to be there, showing her around there too, and her eyes widen slightly, “oh!” she chirps, quickly remembering a small detail. “If you go through the back of Hougeda, it opens up to the beach. Unfortunately, it’s the only way to get there but there’s one north of the territory, and south… which is really pretty at night,” she adds with a shake of her tail, glancing to see if she’s talked too much, suddenly aware of how long she’d been explaining already. Blixen is the one to usually to the talking, or teaching, that her cheeks warm with embarrassment. 

i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
Messages In This Thread
RE: honey, the kids uploaded my brain to this roomba - by Mallaidh - November 26, 2017, 03:50 PM