King Elk Forest everyone else that it hits, that it gets to-- is nothing more than collateral damage
see my heart, i decorate it like a grave
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
The tiny thing approached him with authority, and Nathaniel was briefly caught off-guard; surprised that this was who answered his call. But the practiced stoicism of a soldier had not left him, and it didn't show on his face. Though he couldn't help but wonder-- this was who Burke bowed to now? Nat decided old age must have softened his father more than he originally realized.

The boy's question didn't surprise him much; if there were so many of his kin here, it would be easy to recognize. Name's Nathaniel. Burke is my father. He answered easily with a dip of his head. But I have yet to meet my nephew, Mato.

Eager to be through with the initial meeting, he began to explain his purpose. I ran into Burke by chance recently; we have been separated for some time. I wish to offer my services here, in exchange for a place among you-- I would be grateful for the opportunity to remain by his side during his final days. Nat paused, unused to speaking so much. In my previous pack I served first as a soldier, then as general of the army. That is where my strengths are-- and hunting.
i've eaten the sun,
so my tongue has been burned of the taste

Mona is allowed in ALL of Nathaniel's threads, including private ones.
Messages In This Thread