Ankyra Sound o green world, don't desert me now
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary
“As happy as I can be.”

The words did not come with emotion, but a peculiar rigidness. Kierkegaard was aware of her distaste for exposed moments of bearing one's soul. It had not been his intention. Try as he might, the ghost did not dwell well on his own emotions, but he was still capable of feeling them. More than this, it was foolish to think that the man who had spent his entire life as a vagabond would ever find true happiness in a single place. Optimism was not his strong suit, but he wanted to tell himself that he had a reason to remain where he was, and that reason had to be her. Were it not for the bright yellow of her gaze and the way that she provided him with the only manner of companionship he sought, Kierkegaard would have wandered away one last time and never returned.

Caiaphas seemed to believe that this would also be the place for her to settle. It seemed fitting, as the ashen wolf did not see her anywhere else. He had known her devotion for the sound, and he had always assumed that she would end there. “Could you want for anything more?” he droned in a sardonic tone and cast her a bit of a dry expression. All things considered, he could have been latched with so many worse things. He knew that, as uncharacteristically sentimental as it was, he was pleased to have settled with her.
old enough to know i'll end up dying, not young enough to forget again
Messages In This Thread
o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - January 20, 2018, 02:20 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - January 27, 2018, 10:20 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - January 31, 2018, 07:06 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - February 06, 2018, 01:06 AM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - February 06, 2018, 10:38 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - February 07, 2018, 12:25 AM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - February 08, 2018, 02:32 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - February 09, 2018, 06:51 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - February 11, 2018, 05:19 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - February 27, 2018, 01:17 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Caiaphas - March 03, 2018, 06:42 PM
RE: o green world, don't desert me now - by Kierkegaard - March 10, 2018, 06:15 PM