Hideaway Strath look at the fire and think of me
see my heart, i decorate it like a grave
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
just in case anyone is worried NO HE ISN'T DEAD I PROMISE
Nathaniel suddenly wondered if he had done something wrong when she flinched into him. He didn't shy away from the contact, studying her intently even as she looked away from him. Had she taken offense? The ex-soldier was about to apologize, but then she was moving again-- a playful snap at the air, and then she was running.
He let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding and ran after her. The shift was almost too fast for him to keep up with, but he welcomed the distraction from the slightly awkward moment. Nat let her lead for a few yards, then caught up to her with long strides. Again, he found himself ready to speak, but was interrupted.
This time not by his companion; one of the mountains looming above them echoed with an ominous crack. One by one, faster with each moment, more cracking noises fell upon his ears. It happened too quickly to think much-- all at once a handful of rather large rocks came racing down the side of the mountain towards them. Nathaniel's gaze snapped to his firebird, and he swept around towards her, using his body to shove her out of the rocks' path. He put force into the blow, muttering an inaudible apology for inevitably causing her some discomfort. The seconds between their collision and the arrival of the avalanche seemed to pass in slow motion.
He didn't have time to move, to even draw more than one breath-- his eyes fixed first on Mona, then on the coming rocks. Then the loudest of crashes surrounded him, crushed him with brutal fists, and he only saw the ground rushing up to meet him.
i've eaten the sun,
so my tongue has been burned of the taste

Mona is allowed in ALL of Nathaniel's threads, including private ones.
Messages In This Thread
look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - January 30, 2018, 02:09 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 30, 2018, 03:11 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - January 30, 2018, 03:25 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 30, 2018, 04:01 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - January 30, 2018, 04:36 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 30, 2018, 07:14 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - January 30, 2018, 07:36 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 31, 2018, 12:35 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - January 31, 2018, 01:38 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 31, 2018, 04:13 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - January 31, 2018, 10:59 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Nathaniel Sr. - February 01, 2018, 12:06 AM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - February 01, 2018, 11:05 AM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Nathaniel Sr. - February 01, 2018, 12:33 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - February 02, 2018, 12:22 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Nathaniel Sr. - February 08, 2018, 04:00 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - February 17, 2018, 02:12 AM