Horizon Ridge i'm high and flying
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
All Welcome 
aw!

She'd thought things had been getting better. That she was making friends, making connections, finding an anchor, settling down. That, maybe, this was her new family. It'd all been an illusion, though, a hallucination, something she'd lost herself in. Now, most of Morningside had fallen ill, and here she was, in this disaster of a place. Far away. Not something a healer should be doing. An aspiring one, in her case, but still. Bit selfish, perhaps. But she's just not feeling it. No, she didn't belong.

Perhaps the gods are trying to tell her something. Raid smiles grimly as she surveys the land through detached amber eyes. She is careful to avoid the rubble, standing some distance away from the danger. It sums up her life, somewhat. Detached. Standing away from things, trying not to get hurt and still inevitably getting hurt in the process. She shakes herself, a shiver running down her spine. There's a certain absentmindedness in her movements. Like she's not really here. Like, she's not anywhere anymore. A drifter, a soul who belongs in a world of bright blue seas and grassy plains and red flowers, not in this cruel reality. 

Raiden sucks in a sharp breath, then lets it hiss out slowly - long and drawn out, and pads forward until her paws are but a few inches away from the edge where the ridge ends and the rubble begins. There's a certain peace in this solitude, in this desolate environment and she revels in it. A bit too much, perhaps. The wind slams into her face, but she doesn't move, not even an inch. She's content to stand here near (too near) the edge of the rubble and gaze into the sea - like she's at the end of the world.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

Messages In This Thread
i'm high and flying - by Raid - February 03, 2018, 04:46 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Harley - February 05, 2018, 06:23 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Raid - February 06, 2018, 05:15 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Harley - February 10, 2018, 08:47 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Raid - February 11, 2018, 04:57 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Harley - March 02, 2018, 01:45 AM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Raid - March 06, 2018, 02:05 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Harley - March 16, 2018, 08:15 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Raid - March 27, 2018, 05:47 AM