Fox's Glade and I don't feel no remorse, and you can't see past my blinders
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The sadness in his eyes dulled and changed to something more akin to anger at her words. Yet that too died out until he sat there almost expressionless and dropped his head. "My life as your father died the day Olive abandoned me for the gods."He said in an almost tired voice. He was getting tired of the aching that started every time he thought of Olive, every time he dared to think of the way she used to look at him, or pictured their children. It hurt too much, to know that Cassiopeia as well as Olive blamed him for everything while he blamed it on his sweet Anthousai's betrayal of his devotion. "I was beaten,bloodied,starved,kicked in the head for that woman...I made sure you and Aries got to Moonspear safe...that she would have a good life. Yet she chose invisible beings in the stars over my utter devotion. She pushed me away. She caused me to run from Moonspear that night." the mutterings began in a hushed voice at first but suddenly he lifted his head, eyes fierce.

"I was coming back. I was only going to blow off steam, but the storm misguided me and I ended up falling to the sea, almost dying, and washing ashore somewhere I didn't know. Yet your mother chose to believe I'd abandoned her. After everything,the blame was placed on my shoulders. You were raised to believe I abandoned you. But really it was she who abandoned me, who broke me!" his voice almost raised to a shout as he released all his pain onto her ears. When he realized what he'd said he huffed a sigh and stood up turning away. "Perhaps it's better for you to continue to pretend I died. It's easier for everyone that way. Your mother...she didn't intend any of this. Neither did I. We loved you all, even Sirius who was forced to stay behind. We loved you and we messed up." he continued to stand turned away from her. He would give her a chance to respond before once again leaving her behind and heading away. It was official now, Olive and his children were to be put behind him. The story of star-crossed lovers and their star born children was to come to an end here and now with his painful reunion with Cassi.