The Heartwood color me in gold
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
haha you're fine! i will forgive you all things, love <3

The dark female confirmed the conclusion Liffey had come to, leaving her feeling quite overwhelmed. More than anything she felt confused, but guilt was soon to follow as she became specifically aware of her lack of joy. It wasn't that she was unhappy to have found her long lost sister. It was that she didn't really feel the things she should have - joy, relief, excitement. She mostly felt nothing, which made her feel confused, and terrible.

Liffey swallowed the emotions. Her sister's words actually came as a relief for it was apparent to her that Lucy didn't really know her either and also didn't seem as pleased with this reunion as Liffey felt they should. It took some of the pressure off, but she remained at a loss for where to go from here. "Liffey," she answered. Silence followed. She had never even daydreamed about one day finding her sister again, so she had zero idea of what to say. She daydreamed about seeing her mother again, and seeing Lagan again - what she would say, how she would respond. She had never practiced for this. This possibility had never even occurred to her. Lucy actually hadn't even been real to her until this very moment...

"Mom's not that great," she said suddenly, awkwardly, immediately regrettably. In the split second before saying it, Liffey had thought that it might be a way of reassuring her sister that... I don't know. That it was somehow okay that she'd been kidnapped and had her entire life stolen from her because Finley was nothing spectacular? She hadn't missed out somehow since their mother was kind of crazy? Liffey glanced down at her paws uncomfortably, wanting to say something to make her last comment go away, but not trusting herself at all to say a thing.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
color me in gold - by Lucy - February 24, 2018, 01:21 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - March 01, 2018, 09:41 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - March 09, 2018, 05:26 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - March 10, 2018, 12:39 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - March 10, 2018, 03:54 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - March 11, 2018, 09:26 AM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - March 12, 2018, 03:54 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - March 13, 2018, 06:33 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - March 13, 2018, 08:09 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - April 01, 2018, 08:37 AM