Greatwater Lake I spend my night dancing with my own shadow
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

his answer helps piece together the confusing mess of scents, and yet still there are too many unknowns. she wonders at the audacity of the sisters, to exact their false vengeance, for surely they had targetted him because of what they'd thought he'd done. "I found his blood - Vaati - too. lots of it, but no body." that trail she had not followed, in part because she'd chosen that of Screech, and yet too because she was not sure what would greet her at the end of another; nor what she would feel should it have been a body. 

it is not fair of her to ask him to fill in the unknowns, to speak of Vaati when already she'd succeeded in failing him again. her ears tip back, brow creasing. "I should have looked harder, for you." the admittance is made openly, guilt open on her features. perhaps he will forgive her, but the weight of leaving the closest thing she has to a friend will not leave her easily. 

a moment stretches, and then she continues, gaze sliding back up to him from where is had fallen to the dirt. "what happened? after what they did - are you safe, now?"  she wonders if letting him go had been a mistake on their part, if all their hate for him had dissipated when they took his eye. even without the details, she does not know if she can believe that the sisters think their retribution is complete.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Messages In This Thread
I spend my night dancing with my own shadow - by Cassiopeia - February 26, 2018, 09:45 AM
RE: I spend my night dancing with my own shadow - by Cassiopeia - March 03, 2018, 08:55 PM