Lost Creek Hollow How can something so small be so frustrating?
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Hoping to mimic his technique, Brynn watched every move Howl made while he waited for and caught a fish. Like she had been wondering, he caught the fish with his teeth. When he came back to where she was watching, fish in mouth, she grinned and said, "You certainly make it look easy." She replayed what he had done in her head and with a determined look on her face, she said, "Okay, I'll try it again."

Brynn walked back out into the water and waited. Remembering Howl's direction to stay low to the water, she crouched down. She waited quietly for a minute before she saw a fish swimming towards her. She plunged her face into the water and attempted to grab it between her teeth. When she came back up, her face was soaked and she had no fish in her mouth. She shook the excess water from her face and turned to look at Howl with amusement in her eyes. She couldn't even be frustrated. She just laughed at how clumsy her attempt had been, especially when compared to the effortless way Howl had just done it. "I guess I need to try that again," She said, laughing once more. 

She crouched back down near the water and waited. Again, she saw a fish swimming towards her. This time, she waited until right when it was about to cross in front of her before she launched her muzzle into the water once more. This time, she felt her teeth sink into the flesh of the fish. She pulled the fish from the water, firmly holding it in the middle. She trotted back to where Howl was and dropped the fish, a panting grin on her face. The fish flopped around on the ground in front of her, which was surprising since it clearly had obtained a few puncture wounds from where she had clamped down on it with her teeth. She quickly put her paw on it to keep it still and swiftly bit into its head, silencing the movements. She lied down, holding the fish between her paws. She looked up at Howl, gave him a big smile, and said, "Thanks!" before going back to her fish and digging in.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Messages In This Thread
RE: How can something so small be so frustrating? - by Brynn - May 18, 2018, 04:49 PM
RE: How can something so small be so frustrating? - by Howl - September 04, 2018, 01:59 AM
RE: How can something so small be so frustrating? - by Brynn - September 05, 2018, 02:13 AM
RE: How can something so small be so frustrating? - by Howl - September 10, 2018, 12:36 PM
RE: How can something so small be so frustrating? - by Brynn - September 11, 2018, 12:12 AM