Swiftcurrent Creek And I know you don't know, but I need you to be brave.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
My trip to France and the drama that is my life delayed this round, so I figured I'd just extend it for the rest of the week. Sorry, guys! Back on track now.  <3

Next round will commence on June 23rd.

One by one, the pack rallied, though she noted the absence of several: @Phoenix, who'd been kind enough to deliver food to her den a short time before; @Koji, who once again had proven his uselessness; @Wylla, who she actively looked for. Making to exchange a glance with Constantine that expressed her concern for their fragile comrade.

Her mate thanked them for coming just as @Akiri joined them and, instead of keeping their collected group waiting any further, Durnehviir rose her proud muzzle to address them. "Welcome," she offered, scanning her wolves briefly before her gaze lowered to the pups at her paws. "We have a few things to discuss, but would first like to formally introduce you to our pups. Viinturuth," she bumped her snout to the palest of her cubs, then gestured to the smallest, "Akavir, Akatosh," a fond smile in the direction of her lookalike, before her eyes found her only girl, "and Talos. Feel free to visit us, I'm sure they'd be glad to meet some new faces."

The crimson-tipped Alpha's gaze lit up as she regarded her brood, feathery tail swishing the grasses at her rear as her eyes found those of her firstborn. The appendage stilled, however, as she turned her muzzle toward the other adults of their pack, and her ears drooped as she considered how to best announce their most recent event. "Some of you may have heard of the bear that passed through our land recently," Durnehviir started, "but for those who did not, please know that it has since moved on. @Jagwyr," she dipped her head in the rugged male's direction, "tracked it toward the coast, though we should increase our border patrols and continue to mark our borders. Should it return, do not engage this beast alone. Stay out of sight, warn the pack and call for support."

Durnehviir did not know the circumstances in which young coastal male had found himself face-to-face with the animal that had ended his life, but she shuddered at the thought of how he must have felt. "One of our members, Ingram, unfortunately did not escape," she paused, frowning sadly, and looked to Constantine as she concluded and opened the stage for his input: "and as such, for the safety of our litter and those due in the near future, I will temporarily be stepping down from my post to devote my full attention to them."
everything mortal fades away in time, but the spirit remains
Messages In This Thread
RE: And I know you don't know, but I need you to be brave. - by Durnehviir - June 16, 2018, 07:38 AM