Wheeling Gull Isle I hate to be the bearer of bad news
587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
I feel like Seelie probably slips up and calls @ThresherTreasure” pretty often. ♥

Coelacanth held her young cousin-by-marriage close and draped one spindly forelimb across his broad shoulders, resting her chin atop his head. It was a physical manifestation of what she longed to do but could not accomplish: shielding the young wolf from all the pain the world had to offer. After exchanging a glance with Stockholm, she decided to let Grayday’s son be the first wolf to know the names of the newest Cortens, that he might bear these names to Catori and Dawn. “Welcome ever, Sunny,” she reassured him gently. “You carry name to Morningsigh,” she breathed, licking the tears from his face and drawing back so he could look more closely at her puppies. “Treas — Thresher,” she whispered shyly, smoothing her tongue across the little girl who most closely resembled her father in coloration; “Sixgill,” as she nosed at the pudgy little piebald boy who never seemed to stop squalling; and, “Koi,” marveling at the subtle gradation of her black pearl’s blue-black down.

With Sunny’s promise to carry the names home, Seelie relaxed, her feathered tail thumping genially — and after urging him to explore the island and all it had to offer, she turned quietly to her mate. Together they “talked” in the way that had become natural for them — a mixture of body language, actual words, and the silent communion of touch and sight, comforting each other and soothing their puppies.
Messages In This Thread
I hate to be the bearer of bad news - by Sunny - July 01, 2018, 06:28 PM
RE: I hate to be the bearer of bad news - by Sunny - July 07, 2018, 05:06 PM
RE: I hate to be the bearer of bad news - by Stockholm - July 08, 2018, 09:21 AM
RE: I hate to be the bearer of bad news - by Thresher - July 11, 2018, 08:26 PM
RE: I hate to be the bearer of bad news - by Sunny - July 11, 2018, 09:00 PM
RE: I hate to be the bearer of bad news - by Sunny - July 12, 2018, 10:58 AM
RE: I hate to be the bearer of bad news - by Coelacanth - July 27, 2018, 01:33 PM