Sea Lion Shores Excuse me while I kiss the sky
14 Posts
Ooc — markab
maya just kept squinting. everything this fox did made her want to squint at it, and since it didn't seem to mind, well...there was no reason not to.

"why is it awful?" maya repeated, as though she could not believe she'd been asked such a question. well, she could, she just liked being as theatrical as she possibly could about everything. she puffed up her chest and flicked her ears forward and...kept on squinting. again. "do you like the feeling of sand and salt getting all over your fur?" she shuddered, patting one paw against her opposite leg as though she could dust the gunk off her pelt. naturally, all she succeeded in doing was adding another fine layer of sand atop everything. "i feel like a fucking sea urchin." her fur should have been soft and fluffy...why was everything so goddamn sharp?

so absorbed was she by this problem she didn't notice when chavi's attention splintered away to follow a little crab scurrying through the sand. she did, however, refocus at the question. "oh, you don't want to see a shark." the fact that she had never seen a shark, only heard stories her cousins had told -- ones of dubious merit, at that -- did not deter her in the slightest. "they're like...bears, except way bigger, and they live underwater. and they have these huge mouths," she opened her jaws wide to illustrate, "full of horrible pointy teeth, and when they see you swimming they come up and," she snapped her mouth closed with a sharp noise, "bite you right in two."

she paused, thoughtfully, and abruptly the dramatic air she had been cultivating through her tale vanished as though it had never been. "anyways, i haven't seen any today." she cocked her head, ears flopping, and sprung to her paws. "but there are these big weasels with flippers, i'll show you!"
Messages In This Thread
Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Chavi - August 03, 2018, 06:12 PM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Maya - August 03, 2018, 08:23 PM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Chavi - August 03, 2018, 08:40 PM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Maya - August 03, 2018, 09:14 PM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Chavi - August 03, 2018, 09:39 PM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Maya - August 03, 2018, 10:45 PM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Chavi - August 04, 2018, 03:30 PM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Maya - August 04, 2018, 10:15 PM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Chavi - August 05, 2018, 09:02 AM
RE: Excuse me while I kiss the sky - by Maya - August 10, 2018, 02:14 PM