Totoka River Reflection
Crabs?! Giant crabs?! That definitely sounded like a creature from his worst nightmares, ranking right up there with ponies and Bambi.
110 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Driftwood was a little startled by even the idea that the wonderful ocean surrounding everything might cause problems. Er, well...I guess, theoretically, perhaps... he admitted reluctantly after blinking and thinking about it for a moment. It's never flooded at all that I've seen, though. And there's higher ground rising up to mountain in the middle, which has the most beautiful uh, whatchacallit... like a volcano but with water in the middle of the top? There was a word for it. He could just about feel it there on the tip of his tongue. But he didn't want to struggle too obviously long and hard to find it, so he plunged onward:

So yeah, there's not just saltwater, there's plenty of freshwater for drinking, too. And there are sea lions—though you have to be careful with them; sometimes the big ones can get pretty grumpy if you get them riled up—and otters and beavers and fish of course. Lots of fish, and fisherwolves good at catching them; they're better fresh than some of the ones that wash up, you've gotta sniff 'em and be careful and not choke on the bones but they are pretty tasty. Um. Oh, and some horses and deer, too... though, uh, those don't come from the water so much and I guess that's not really what you were asking about. Whoops. He hesitated for a moment before trying to drag himself more back on-topic, and ramble on some more once he'd gotten the train of thought back onto the proper tracks. Or close to it, hopefully. ...Some of the clams and things are pry-openable, but only if you find them in the right state, or the right wolf who knows how to get into 'em, I think. Or if you steal it off an otter maybe, he added with a bit of a devil-may-care grin.
Messages In This Thread
Reflection - by Skydance - August 31, 2018, 12:43 AM
RE: Reflection - by Driftwood - September 01, 2018, 05:03 AM
RE: Reflection - by Skydance - September 03, 2018, 11:54 PM
RE: Reflection - by Driftwood - September 04, 2018, 04:36 PM
RE: Reflection - by Skydance - September 06, 2018, 12:56 AM
RE: Reflection - by Driftwood - September 14, 2018, 03:54 AM
RE: Reflection - by Skydance - September 15, 2018, 10:21 PM
RE: Reflection - by Driftwood - September 27, 2018, 01:11 AM
RE: Reflection - by Skydance - October 08, 2018, 09:38 PM
RE: Reflection - by Driftwood - October 11, 2018, 12:28 PM
RE: Reflection - by Skydance - October 27, 2018, 06:42 PM